News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

Disney officially stated there were to be "dozens" of animatronics, by my math that is at least 24.
I head there were only 17 animatronics. Is there any truth to this number?
It was noted earlier by @MerlinTheGoat that this is probably based on a misunderstanding of somewhat similar information he heard. Essentially, there are 17 new characters that will appear in animatronic form. This does not include Tiana, Naveen, Odie, etc. and does not account for the fact that certain characters will appear in animatronic form multiple times.

_caleb

It is either cheaper to have guest traffic on it to help it settle and test it,

or there is some exclusive dine and stroll ticketed event going on.

Or someone is really about to get a safety talking to for leaving the path open.
That these are the three options you see as being likely doesn’t mean those are the only options.

In my opinion, stating uninformed opinions as fact is why we get bad rumors, wrong expirations, and persistent misinformation.

yensidtlaw1969

The briar patch looked significantly more synthetic than anything they’ve added thus far for Bayou Adventure.
Agreed - it's kinda wild that some people are complaining these brief looks at the scenery are "too cartoony" when you consider that 1) Some of the pieces of them were clearly retained from Splash, 2) That Splash was frequently more cartoony than those new images look, and 3) The ride is based on a Cartoon.

Seems like a useful reminder that there were prominent spots in Disneyland's Splash Mountain that looked like this - imagine if TBA were representing flowers this way instead of using the realistic faux foliage we've just seen:

1702935818756.png

MerlinTheGoat

Disney officially stated there were to be "dozens" of animatronics, by my math that is at least 24.
I head there were only 17 animatronics. Is there any truth to this number?
No, it's 17 new characters, the actual quantity of AAs will be much higher when including duplicates, returning PATF characters or other regular non-main critters. It will be several dozen at least. I expect not just 24 either.

Still waiting to see if they reuse any America Sings ones too.

celluloid

That these are the three options you see as being likely doesn’t mean those are the only options.

In my opinion, stating uninformed opinions as fact is why we get bad rumors, wrong expirations, and persistent misinformation.
Or some lack hyperbolic sardonic detection.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Agreed - it's kinda wild that some people are complaining these brief looks at the scenery are "too cartoony" when you consider that 1) Some of the pieces of them were clearly retained from Splash, 2) That Splash was frequently more cartoony than those new images look, and 3) The ride is based on a Cartoon.

Seems like a useful reminder that there were prominent spots in Disneyland's Splash Mountain that looked like this - imagine if TBA were representing flowers this way instead of using the realistic faux foliage we've just seen:

View attachment 759369
God, I hope that pumpikin snowman is reused for Bayou

Brer Oswald

View attachment 759369
Too cartoony??? It’s not cartoony enough. I liked the old one better because of how whimsical and vibrant it was.

Suspirian

If that is the same location and tree, it's interesting because it looks like the background space is much larger than before. In Splash, the wall there was really close to the flume. To the extent where they only had critter homes in the foreground and a small bird AA. It was a pretty compact space. But in Tiana, that space appears like it's larger and the wall is much farther back. Like they knocked a wall out and expanded it or something (though I don't know if they had the means to do so as i'm unaware of what is on the other side of the wall).
I'm not too sure, but the shack kinda looks like its actually flat and sculpted in a relief style that make it look like it goes further back than it actually is.

tanc

I really hope the queue can hold enough people so that VQ is not needed. I have a feeling it probably is going to be VQ though.

TheMaxRebo

I really hope the queue can hold enough people so that VQ is not needed. I have a feeling it probably is going to be VQ though.

Probably, at least to start.

Also probably will be ILL when it first opens - and I wonder if 7DMT drops to G+ or it MK has 3 ILL rides

celluloid

I think it's possible they leave 7DMT as ILL and drop TRON to G+ if they don't want to have 3 at the MK. I know 7DMT is older, but it's probably a busier/more popular ride because of the target audience.

Low height requirement and accessibility with that is another reason I think it remains an ILL. Printing money on that audience.

wdrive

I think it's possible they leave 7DMT as ILL and drop TRON to G+ if they don't want to have 3 at the MK. I know 7DMT is older, but it's probably a busier/more popular ride because of the target audience.

Knowing current day Disney management, they’d never not want more ILL in the parks.

bmr1591

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it VQ and ILL to start, but quickly shift away once it’s no longer new. Splash didn’t require either and I don’t foresee this needing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom