News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

tanc

I mean, looks fine I guess. Not having any opinion until I ride it. Riding ≠ seeing a photo obviously. I do plan to go to the opening though

JoeCamel

There’s no way such a claim would get out at this stage.

4 years from now, is it possible someone might let it slip over a beer? Sure.

But, no employee present at such a conversation would risk their job over this and CERTAINLY not this particular project.
But Brayman is soooo wired in he has to be telling truth not stories......

Homemade Imagineering

Even if he was, only a very tight inner circle would know such a thing, and if someone leaked his thoughts, it would likely be pretty easy to track down who did it.

I seriously doubt anything in that video is true.
There is no possible way Iger would've seen anything beyond some brand new set dressing being installed. If the attraction was that complete at this rate it should be opening within a couple months, and we know that is not the case. AAs aren't onsite, and I doubt the lighting/music is even finished being configured. There's simply no way to formulate an opinion on something that is physically not complete. If true my best guess is some lines got crossed and Iger may have said something about the attraction's backstory, which has already been criticized as mundane. Reiterating my earlier point, is that he loses credibility with his statement on 17 total figures which is clearly hearsay. It's a sensationalist piece, echoing much of what has been said already on Twitter

Dranth

There’s no way such a claim would get out at this stage.

4 years from now, is it possible someone might let it slip over a beer? Sure.

But, no employee present at such a conversation would risk their job over this and CERTAINLY not this particular project.
WHAT?!?!? They all aren't desperately counting down the minutes to run out of the meeting and text some secret info to a 20 something who built his career on either making up junk he pulled out of his backside or posting others insider information as his own?

I refuse to believe you.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Practicing healthy skepticism with regard to something unsubstantiated until corroborating evidence appears is preferable to continuously surfacing rumors as if they were credible and misleading people who join in on the discussion later.
This is literally the news and rumors thread.

You do you in believing or not believing the credibility of the information. The information was presented from an individual that has a history of providing correct information and does have legitimate sources. They used to participate here but now have their own site, that's why I won't name them.

James Alucobond

This is literally the news and rumors thread.

You do you in believing or not believing the credibility of the information. The information was presented from an individual that has a history of providing correct information and does have legitimate sources. They used to participate here but now have their own site, that's why I won't name them.
You qualified the information as coming from credible reports in the plural, which is misleading at best. You can believe whatever you want, but it should be noted that it’s from one person, corroborated by no one else.

Gasp! The plants on the outside of Splash were fake???

My point was that the new plants look piled on top of each other and very fake. Overall the exterior, as of now, looks terrible.

Might get better in the end, though, I have my doubts.
The briar patch looked significantly more synthetic than anything they’ve added thus far for Bayou Adventure.

celluloid

Some of you have never worked in the themed entertainment industry or have been to a Slice event and it shows.

Baxter wishes them all the best, but he felt there was nothing about the attraction that needed to go, so not much passion for its new goals.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Disney officially stated there were to be "dozens" of animatronics, by my math that is at least 24.
I head there were only 17 animatronics. Is there any truth to this number?

yensidtlaw1969

Choosing to ignore it doesn't make you right.
What you're incorrectly describing as ignorance is actually just healthy skepticism. Anyone can say anything on the internet.

We have no real reason to believe that "imagineers working on this took glee in destruction of set pieces from Splash". It's actually quite reasonable to question statements like that, which are almost impossible to quanitify or qualify, let alone verify, and seem clearly designed to create an emotional response for those who already feel a certain way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom