News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Dan Deesnee

This ride looks terrible so far, what's with all the fake plants on the outside? Apparently Bob Iger walked the ride recently and said it was "boring".

Hopefully these new board members can help get Disney back on track. I'd say the company is about 100 feet from the cliff, but still going too fast...

Markiewong

About a year before.

This video is made before it was installed, you can see it through the different background. The MMRR animatronics were not shown at all before the attraction opened, neither were the Rise of Resistance animatronics and look how that ride turned out.

Fact is, Disney sometimes shows things in advance and sometimes doesn't. In the case of Navi River Journey the animatronic was really the only thing to show off beforehand..

Tha Realest

This video is made before it was installed, you can see it through the different background. The MMRR animatronics were not shown at all before the attraction opened, neither were the Rise of Resistance animatronics and look how that ride turned out.

Fact is, Disney sometimes shows things in advance and sometimes doesn't. In the case of Navi River Journey the animatronic was really the only thing to show off beforehand..
Maybe if Rise installed the AAs earlier in the process half of them wouldn’t be in B-mode

_caleb

This ride looks terrible so far, what's with all the fake plants on the outside? Apparently Bob Iger walked the ride recently and said it was "boring".

Hopefully these new board members can help get Disney back on track. I'd say the company is about 100 feet from the cliff, but still going too fast...
Exactly what I was thinking- what this ride really needs is new board members to weigh in on creative direction and technical execution.

James Alucobond

It always had fake plants.
Wait ... you're saying these briars and grasses were artificial?
1702915422185.jpeg
1702915556191.jpeg

Mind. Blown.

Epcot82Guy

What scares me is that if they tore everything out, that is very expensive which eats into the budget. That’s the same thing that happened to JII. They spent the whole budget hitting the previous ride and had nothing leftover to build the new one. Hopefully the budget here is big enough.

I think you may be onto a big challenge here. If the company goal is to distance, they are likely going to take that to heart. The problem is, for the general public, the new attraction has to exceed Splash to justify this. Replacing an attraction wholesale at the level of Splash is a tall, tall order. And, unfortunately, that scenario (i.e. an "as good" vs. "better") is still a project failure. Leaving aside any political aspect, it's tough to argue in this economy that spending a budget of this size to land basically where you were is a tougher sell.

I think this project is doomed to some level of failure. Not because I think the ride will be bad. (We don't know enough to make that call.). Rather, the requirements for "success" are so high (again, excluding the political issues), I'm not sure it's achievable.

Epcot82Guy

The colors look wildly over saturated, like it's one of the Instagram filters from days of yore. This looks....really cheap. I hope it's just the colour values in these photos.

I think that's likely. On one hand, it needs to look "fake" (or let's say "stylized") so that the blur between real and animation can work. I hope it, in person, dances that line well. Splash did well (especially at WDW) because it was a giant, fully realized cartoon set. This is a different approach. That doesn't make it bad at all. It just takes different skills and goals to accomplish.

_caleb

The colors look wildly over saturated, like it's one of the Instagram filters from days of yore. This looks....really cheap. I hope it's just the colour values in these photos.
You're looking at a photo someone took of their television screen with their camera phone from their living room and declaring the ride looks cheap?

Look two posts down from the one you quoted:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom