News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
We're at least six months out from opening, likely longer. Why would the completed animatronics be situated within an active construction site?
They were promoting the Shamen AA months out. Same with MMRR.

Here you have a wide angle shot of a show scene and nothing.

bmr1591

Sure that's the reason why. :rolleyes:

I mean, insiders have said as much. The initial plan was a lot of screens until the announcement was met with such heavy backlash.

I’m not really surprised that the AAs aren’t in any pictures. Even if they are in there, why would Disney reveal them in a 20/20 report and not on their own socials? And all we’re seeing is one scene here. Let’s be patient and see what they show soon.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I mean, insiders have said as much. The initial plan was a lot of screens until the announcement was met with such heavy backlash.

I’m not really surprised that the AAs aren’t in any pictures. Even if they are in there, why would Disney reveal them in a 20/20 report and not on their own socials? And all we’re seeing is one scene here. Let’s be patient and see what they show soon.
Splash was one of the most popular rides in the world. It was a crowing achievement of WDI. TBA has to be as good or better.

I certainly have my doubts based on what’s been released and the track record of Carmen Smith who’s running this. But regardless, if it’s not better than Splash, part of the strategy to overcome that is for Disney to leverage as much as much of their legacy and social media resources to promote the hell out of this thing, as well as to what other sites have described though their sources as chill any public criticism by, well you know.

This certainly doesn’t sound like a strategy to follow if they’re exuding confidence in the final product.

Vegas Disney Fan

My initial reaction is the same as many others, the scenery looks great, add a couple animatronics to that scene and it’ll be amazing, if they don’t add any animatronics to that scene it’s going to be a pretty but boring place to be.

Whether this ride is disappointing or amazing is going to come down to animatronics and the story, the scenery will add to that though.

LittleBuford

They were promoting the Shamen AA months out. Same with MMRR.

Here you have a wide angle shot of a show scene and nothing.
If I'm not mistaken, the Shaman animatronic was not shown in situ in the promotional materials you're referring to.

The earliest previews with animatronics I could find for Runaway Railway are from February 2020, shortly before the opening. The animatronics are conspicuously absent from this December 2019 teaser:

I'll gladly acknowledge my error if I'm wrong.

mickEblu

Did the proposed plot sound exciting to anyone? Add Dr. Facilier!

If true, I’d like to believe what he means by “boring” is that there is no drama or conflict. Obviously he’s smart enough to account for the fact that he’s walking through the flume and not riding a log and dropping down drops. I’d imagine they were playing music for him too. Either he’s not creative enough to imagine a finished product or like what many of us were predicting here - the ride is too montone. Hopefully Igers review brings changes and Facilier. That one imagineer who gave Brayden the scoop is probably hoping for this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom