News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

splah

The stone work pathway looks nice

The blue railing stands out. Could it be a base layer to make it look more like wrought iron?

Vegas Disney Fan

The stone work pathway looks nice

The blue railing stands out. Could it be a base layer to make it look more like wrought iron?
The stone does look good, my guess is the blue is the finished product though, I think if it was a base they’d have waited to install all the brass railing and caps so they wouldn’t have to worry about getting paint on them.

DavidDL

Won't lie, I'm really liking what I see with the mountain so far. Especially the newly installed trees out front. I'm a bit iffy about the mural on the side of the barn. I just wish it didn't feel so "boxed in" on the side of the building. Instead, I wish the entire barn had been the canvas, not just one small square area.

But yeah, the mountain itself is lookin' good to me. Love all the foliage, trees, fences, etc. Even the water tower doesn't bother me that much with all this other stuff starting to fill the sightlines in. I'd wager it's going to look great at night, too.

ChesireCat11

First-Ever Images from Inside Tiana’s Bayou Adventure from ABC 20/20 Documentary
1702847154418.png

1702847185221.png

1702847211787.png

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

Brer Panther

It's pathetic that the only reason it looks this good is apparently because Disney was taken aback by the complaints about Splash Mountain being rethemed and realized that they actually had to put effort into this.

James Alucobond

Some thoughts based on the recent photos and new temporary barriers ...
  • It looks like the standard and Lightning Lane entrances are being combined and will be situated where the standby entrance used to be. Lightning Lane will presumably split left while standby will split right.
  • It seems the flagstone pavers will stop at the attraction entrance, meaning they'll pretty much only appear beyond Frontierland Station aside from the short transition behind the likely tapstyle location.
  • I'm guessing the plan is to keep the more rustic bayou aesthetic facing the Rivers of America, revealing something a bit more New Orleans-inspired after passing under the station.
  • It looks like there's a frame for signage where the standby entrance used to be. Anyone know if those are the remnants of the original signage or new? I haven't been tracking that area well.
  • The new temporary walls confuse me a bit, because they imply part of the queue will re-open soon, but that won't really allow access to anything that we can't already get to, right? Is there an emergency exit for the train or something they're trying to put back in operation, or will they maybe be re-doing the area in front of the restroom and redirecting guests through the queue to the actual facilities while that work takes place?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom