News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Epcot82Guy

The problem with Pecos is the Splash entry. You have to walk all the way around the mountain and go right next to Big Thunder. It makes no sense to combine them with no separation (not that current Disney would care - looking at you IMAG and World Nature...).

I actually hope this is successful enough to justify building out the old Splash queue area into a NOLA or bayou area. Include Tiana's Palace, a beignet shop and other shopping. It could be the gateway to beyond Big Thunder, adds needed food capacity at MK and at least makes a shred of thematic sense.

Homemade Imagineering

IMG_4330.jpeg
Maybe its a stretch but it almost looks like they’re handling Mama Odie’s bottles here

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
A few photos of the outdoor queue area from today.

The first and final photo makes it seem the only "fancy" part will be the lead up to the barn and the rest will be the wooden fencing that was there when Splash was open. I could be wrong but it seems they should've replaced the entire area at once. Because if I'm right, then it's extremely lazy to only redo 1/4 of the queue. The rest still looks like Splash.

_caleb

A few photos of the outdoor queue area from today.

Interesting mixture of brick and hight-contrast stone pavers. Also, the blue and gold on the wrought iron and finials is cool, but feels a bit modern (maybe that's just because I see this combo all over Pintergram these days). I like that the stone wainscoting on the barn ties the area together.

Still not sure why there are steel studs down the center of the window openings unless they're putting in fixed windows. Weren't they open previously?

_caleb

The first and final photo makes it seem the only "fancy" part will be the lead up to the barn and the rest will be the wooden fencing that was there when Splash was open. I could be wrong but it seems they should've replaced the entire area at once. Because if I'm right, then it's extremely lazy to only redo 1/4 of the queue. The rest still looks like Splash.
Maybe it is lazy, but I think it might help with the thematic transition if the old (Splash) split log fencing serves as the "country" between New Orleans city and wherever the salt mine is supposed to be set.

Animaniac93-98

I'm guessing they're doing the queue in sections and eventually all of it will have the new brick and railings, making it more like Magnolia Park in Disneyland's New Orleans Square.

The question for me is how much of the gift shop/restroom facades will change.

Sir_Cliff

I'm guessing they're doing the queue in sections and eventually all of it will have the new brick and railings, making it more like Magnolia Park in Disneyland's New Orleans Square.

The question for me is how much of the gift shop/restroom facades will change.
That's exactly what I keep thinking seeing the work beyond the train station. The vibe I am getting from the railing and the paving is more urban New Orleans rather than rural Louisiana, but the surrounding buildings are all still very much rural. Very curious to see if this does become a small New Orleans-themed area. That would make the most sense to me, and more than re-theming Pecos Bill's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom