News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

No. My only source is @BrerFoxesBayouAdventure mentioning it in another thread. Maybe they have the tweet?
It was splasharchive. They have a twitter account, but it was from their account on this forum some pages back where they claimed almost all of the old figures would be scrapped. This included the finale, which they said would only contain 6 AA's in total, entirely new ones.

I am still skeptical of at least some of these claims. I initially heard they would be keeping quite a few of the original figures. But disregarding this and assuming it's almost all new figures, their claim about the finale is also based on clearly unfinished 3D renders. One of the renders is a wide shot of the entire new finale, and it doesn't even contain ANY characters at all. Another shows Eudora and Charlotte on the lefthand side in a separate gazebo structure (where the swamp boys used to be). Two of the other shots are of the same exact platform, but with different characters in each one. One shows Naveen and Ralphie, the other has Tiana and Louis. The latter of which has models that are in the t-pose used by CGI models before they've been given a pose. They were clearly just using these to do some basic testing for character configurations.

Big Daddy and Naveen's parents aren't present in these renders, despite being confirmed. When I pointed this out, splasharchive changed his claim to there being 9 figures in the finale instead of 6 (though the original tweet still says 6). It appears that archive was getting their information by counting how many figures are present in the leaked renders they acquired. The problem is that these renders are clearly very incomplete and were still being used to test out AA configurations. Not as a means of showing what the completed version of this finale would look like. But given this incomplete nature and the fact that they're missing at least three confirmed major characters, they aren't adequate evidence for assuming the amount of figures that will appear in the final product, nor for assuming Disney has scrapped all of the old figures yet.

There are also a large number of landings and platforms that are unoccupied in these renders. Ones that I don't understand the existence for unless they're going to contain other figures. The restaurant facade from the movie is completely different and doesn't have these platforms, these platforms are ride-specific additions. Tiana, Naveen, Ralphie and Louis all appear to be occupying the lowest threshold platform in the renders (unless their placement is altered in the final version). Eudora and Charlotte are located on the separate gazebo building on the left. Even adding Big Daddy and Naveen's parents would not come close to filling in all of the extra platforms they've built on this facade. You would think if they went to the trouble of building all of these unique extra spaces that clearly look like they are supposed to contain characters, they would put characters in them...

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

It was splasharchive. They have a twitter account, but it was from their account on this forum some pages back where they claimed almost all of the old figures would be scrapped. This included the finale, which they said would only contain 6 AA's in total, entirely new ones.

I am still skeptical of at least some of these claims. I initially heard they would be keeping quite a few of the original figures. But disregarding this and assuming it's almost all new figures, their claim about the finale is also based on clearly unfinished 3D renders. One of the renders is a wide shot of the entire new finale, and it doesn't even contain ANY characters at all. Another shows Eudora and Charlotte on the lefthand side in a separate gazebo structure (where the swamp boys used to be). Two of the other shots are of the same exact platform, but with different characters in each one. One shows Naveen and Ralphie, the other has Tiana and Louis. The latter of which has models that are in the t-pose used by CGI models before they've been given a pose. They were clearly just using these to do some basic testing for character configurations.

Big Daddy and Naveen's parents aren't present in these renders, despite being confirmed. When I pointed this out, splasharchive changed his claim to there being 9 figures in the finale instead of 6 (though the original tweet still says 6). It appears that archive was getting their information by counting how many figures are present in the leaked renders they acquired. The problem is that these renders are clearly very incomplete and were still being used to test out AA configurations. Not as a means of showing what the completed version of this finale would look like. But given this incomplete nature and the fact that they're missing at least three confirmed major characters, they aren't adequate evidence for assuming the amount of figures that will appear in the final product, nor for assuming Disney has scrapped all of the old figures yet.

There are also a large number of landings and platforms that are unoccupied in these renders. Ones that I don't understand the existence for unless they're going to contain other figures. The restaurant facade from the movie is completely different and doesn't have these platforms, these platforms are ride-specific additions. Tiana, Naveen, Ralphie and Louis all appear to be occupying the lowest threshold platform in the renders (unless their placement is altered in the final version). Eudora and Charlotte are located on the separate gazebo building on the left. Even adding Big Daddy and Naveen's parents would not come close to filling in all of the extra platforms they've built on this facade. You would think if they went to the trouble of building all of these unique extra spaces that clearly look like they are supposed to contain characters, they would put characters in them...
Thanks for the clarification, a lackluster finale would also contradict Dusty Sage’s claims of the finale being something worth getting excited about

MerlinTheGoat

Wow Naveens parents. So exciting. 6 to 9 AA’s !! An authentic drum set replica!!! Don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight.
While anything is possible, I doubt it will be so sparse.

The reason I brought those 3 extra characters up is not to argue that they're good characters, or that 9 is an acceptable quantity of AA's (it certainly isn't). But rather, to point out that Splash Archive seemed to be counting the number of figures that appeared in the leaked renders and using it as proof that this is how many the final ride will have. Renders that as i've explained (to the best of my ability as Archive asked people not to post them again) were clearly incomplete and still being used to test out different main character configurations. One of them didn't even have any characters placed at all yet (an empty scene), and two others showing the same platform with two different configurations of characters inserted in each one (one of the pairs was even still in the default T-pose).

When I pointed out that Archive's renders were missing at least three other characters that were already confirmed by Disney to appear, Archive amended the number to 9 instead of 6. Which again to me indicates that Archive doesn't definitively know how many figures the finale will have and was counting how many the renders contained. I do not know how many the final version will have either, but I suspect there will be more than mere single digits and have given my own reasons for why. However, we shall see and I will admit I was wrong if it turns out not to be the case.

Last edited:

mickEblu

While anything is possible, I doubt it will be so sparse.

The reason I brought those 3 extra characters up is not to argue that they're good characters, or that 9 is an acceptable quantity of AA's (it certainly isn't). But rather, to point out that Splash Archive seemed to be counting the number of figures that appeared in the leaked renders and using it as proof that this is how many the final ride will have. Renders that as i've explained (to the best of my ability as Archive asked people not to post them again) were clearly incomplete and still being used to test out different main character configurations. One of them didn't even have any characters placed at all yet (an empty scene), and two others showing the same platform with two different configurations of characters inserted in each one (one of the pairs was even still in the default T-pose).

When I pointed out that Archive's renders were missing at least three other characters that were already confirmed by Disney to appear, Archive amended the number to 9 instead of 6. Which again to me indicates that Archive doesn't definitively know how many figures the finale will have and was counting how many the renders contained. I do not know how many the final version will have either, but I suspect there will be more than mere single digits and have given my own reasons for why. However, we shall see and I will admit I was wrong if it turns out not to be the case.

Oh sorry wasn’t directly responding to you. I don’t even really read many of the longer posts on this thread anymore TBH. I just do a little scan and see the same things over and over. So all I see is blah blah blah drum set. Blah blah blah Naveens parents etc.

I was just making a commentary that everything I’ve read about the finale sounds underwhelming.

Last edited:

_caleb

Oh sorry wasn’t directly responding to you. I don’t even really read many of the longer posts on this thread anymore TBH. I just do a little scan and see the same things over and over. So all I see is blah blah blah drum set. Blah blah blah Naveens parents etc.

I was just making a commentary that everything I’ve read about the finale sounds underwhelming.
When you can’t be bothered to follow the conversation but you’re really committed to regularly weighing in with negativity.

SplashJacket

IMG_9125.jpeg
IMG_9126.jpeg
IMG_9127.jpeg
IMG_9130.jpeg
IMG_9131.jpeg
IMG_9143.jpeg
IMG_9145.jpeg
IMG_9148.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom