News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't mind the tiara, but certainly agree that the water tower looks so much better with the trees etc., around.
Now it doesn't look like the water tower was meant to be a stand alone feature.
I'm hoping the mural blends more when everything comes together.
That's how I'm feeling. It still looks very cluttered in the front pond but it looks better than the tower just sitting in the middle of a pool. Maybe it'll look better once the walls come down and we can get a good look at it.

James Alucobond

Louisiana is basically the Old West, right?
I would actually say Louisiana, generally speaking, is as much "the west" as is Missouri in Tom Sawyer or Georgia in Song of the South. What complicates Princess and the Frog is both the time frame and New Orleans specifically. As long as they keep it to a more rural, bayou-based area, it will probably be fine visually, but elements that perceptibly reference the time period just after the film (or just modern sensibilities, broadly) will potentially be anachronistic, which is the danger. We're already seeing that a bit with the mural, though hopefully that will be mitigated in some way.

celluloid

I would actually say Louisiana, generally speaking, is as much "the west" as is Missouri in Tom Sawyer or Georgia in Song of the South. What complicates Princess and the Frog is both the time frame and New Orleans specifically. As long as they keep it to a more rural, bayou-based area, it will probably be fine visually, but elements that perceptibly reference the time period just after the film (or just modern sensibilities, broadly) will potentially be anachronistic, which is the danger. We're already seeing that a bit with the mural, though hopefully that will be mitigated in some way.

You could technically see Mickey Mouse drawn by Walt on a mural or somewhere, that is how off the time period is to Frontierland.

celluloid

As far as I've seen in the concepts, not in any way that everything else in Frontierland isn't already lit up, unless multicolored stage lighting is true-to-form for abandoned 1890s mines.

The visible lighting on the water tower is what I was referencing. Not the non diegetic attempted to be hidden ones that enhance the mood or supernatural elements.

Those lights in concept art appear to be electric to me, and would not be around until the 1925-1930s. So that seems to break what you stated facing River's of America.
1701918034785.png

James Alucobond

The visible lighting on the water tower is what I was referencing. Not the non diegetic attempted to be hidden ones that enhance the mood or supernatural elements.

Those lights in concept art appear to be electric to me, and would not be around until the 1925-1930s. So that seems to break what you stated facing River's of America.
View attachment 757873
First, this 3-D rendering has proven to be less accurate than the model, which did not include any visible light fixtures. Second, signs all throughout the land are illuminated in ways that would be improbable with the lighting technology of the time. Third, the Liberty Belle already rolls by at night with very, very clearly modern lighting along the railing.

celluloid

First, this 3-D rendering has proven to be less accurate than the model, which did not include any visible light fixtures. Second, signs all throughout the land are illuminated in ways that would be improbable with the lighting technology of the time. Third, the Liberty Belle already rolls by at night with very, very clearly modern lighting along the railing.

First, the 3-D rendering for night time is all we can go by so far as that tower area and attraction are not complete. Second, I would point out that all signs throughout the land does not change your qualifier that nothing being built on the attraction breaks that. It doing what some place may already is irrelevant. Certainly none of them are so visible on prominent features like an icon of the attraction. Thirdly, not only does that not improve, but the Liberty Belle example is a situation of safety. Safety already comes before show. A sign being lit by an out of Rivers of America(your permater) are not a safety situation.

So, are we now first in the phase of "It is not going to likely be as bad as the concept art" for awhile longer or are we then going to go into the "wait until it is finished?" because then all we have to look forward to is "It does not look that bad in person, people that are not liking this are only going by photos/video"

Nothing at you personally, but this is the cycle. Things rarely get better from concept art. That is with the situation's best foot forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom