News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

After going to TDL, that was something I was not ready to realize how much I missed it. Specifically at the Disneyland hotel that had some really pretty ones.

James Alucobond

The interesting thing is that there is another post here in the rumors section about the downfall in the landscaping around Disney domestic parks…how long before those flowers get swapped out for more ecologically friendly plants and shrubs?
Uh, aren’t most of the flowers on this thing artificial? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but most of the vegetation on the mountain itself looks that way to me.

ToTBellHop

In the story of the original ride, it was never a mountain -- it was a hill. But it got the name "... Mountain" as an advertising gimmick.

In the retheme, it's still not a mountain.

If it looks too small to be a mountain... it's because it's not a mountain.

It never was a mountain and still won't be one.

It's not a mountain.

Look to DL's Matterhorn if you're looking for a mountain.
I have my “The Mountains and Salt Mine are calling me…and I must go” shirt design ready to go.

JD80

maybe the mural would look better if there weren't hard borders on it. if the colors and imagery spilled over with whisps and flourishes onto a small section of the other panels and not just straight rectangular border
That's my only nit to pick. It needs framing.

James Alucobond

maybe the mural would look better if there weren't hard borders on it. if the colors and imagery spilled over with whisps and flourishes onto a small section of the other panels and not just straight rectangular border
That's my only nit to pick. It needs framing.
Not that I haven't been very wrong before, but I do feel like something will eventually occupy the weird gaps at the top and bottom of the mural. I feel like they would've just made it several siding panels taller otherwise.

MR.Dis

This is starting to come along nicely. When Splash Mountain first opened it instantly became my wife's favorite attraction. The first time we waited over 90 minutes, and she wanted to go again, after another 90 min wait she asked if I would mind going a third time--by now the wait was 120 min. Happy wife happy life, I waited with her for a third time. Even at the end, she still loved going on this ride despite all the non working parts. Just hope the revised ride will still contain the same joy as the original as seeing my wife of almost 50 years lite up like a child makes my heart soar.

James Alucobond

You know, it's kind of depressing that the only reason Disney isn't going the lazy few-if-any-animatronics and lots-of-screens route for this retheme is because they know they wouldn't be able to get away with it this time.
It's because the physical space demands something else. When you have full control over the design of the space, screens can be done correctly, and they can do things physical setpieces can't, like with the rising of the ships from the depths in Shanghai's Pirates. You can also have characters enter, exit, and animate in ways that are not possible for animatronics. That said, you can also get lazy and park people in front of screens, and screens can be used as a crutch even when wholly unnecessary. But I don't really have anything against them in principle.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
You know, it's kind of depressing that the only reason Disney isn't going the lazy few-if-any-animatronics and lots-of-screens route for this retheme is because they know they wouldn't be able to get away with it this time.
Disney knows people would freak if that happened. They know they're replacing a home run of an attraction and they couldn't just fill it with screens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom