News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

aladdin2007

On the bright side, maybe this will make Disney realize they have to try harder with EVERY new ride they make. Like, now they've shown people that they CAN do better, so how pathetic would it look if their next ride after Tiana was a massive downgrade?

But I doubt that'll happen.
yeah they never learn,,,,,looking at imagination's mess....which should have set a precedent for years to come of lets not let this happen again, but did nothing.

In the Parks
No
Here's an idea to add some stakes at the top of the lift hill:
muppet-show-muppets.gif

Gotta be careful with flowers, especially ones located near magical people like Mama Odie.

AEfx

It's because the physical space demands something else. When you have full control over the design of the space, screens can be done correctly, and they can do things physical setpieces can't, like with the rising of the ships from the depths in Shanghai's Pirates. You can also have characters enter, exit, and animate in ways that are not possible for animatronics. That said, you can also get lazy and park people in front of screens, and screens can be used as a crutch even when wholly unnecessary. But I don't really have anything against them in principle.
All of this, and that is a great example (although I think Shanghai could have used a few less of them later in the ride and instead put more AA's for Jack/etc. in - and then it would just about be the perfect ride).

Personally, the line for me is when they put live actors or characters in the videos. It ruins the illusion for me and feels cheap. But there are so many other things they can do that will work.

What I'd most like to see them do is really get some projection mapping going on in some of the older attractions. I would have no problem whatsoever with, say, them adding projection mapped backgrounds to portions of our POTC.

celluloid

What are bets on behind the scenes shots anymore than what was shown in September?

You would think they would want some B roll things to show for The Christmas Parade, but that is coming so soon and footage is already shot for it. Next year they can brag after it is open I guess.

UNCgolf

It's because the physical space demands something else. When you have full control over the design of the space, screens can be done correctly, and they can do things physical setpieces can't, like with the rising of the ships from the depths in Shanghai's Pirates. You can also have characters enter, exit, and animate in ways that are not possible for animatronics. That said, you can also get lazy and park people in front of screens, and screens can be used as a crutch even when wholly unnecessary. But I don't really have anything against them in principle.

This is why I point to NRJ as probably the best use of screens/projections of any WDW ride. There are other issues with NRJ, but it does a great job using them to add kinetic background movement. You're looking at physical sets, but then you see animals etc. moving along in the background in a way that really adds to the scenes.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Apparently someone on Twitter claimed that all of the America Sings animatronics in the Disneyland version were scrapped. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Disney Analyst

This is looking better every day, still not a fan of the yellow but maybe that will come together as it nears completion too. Looks really good, the exterior reminds me of 7DMT, and that’s meant as a big compliment.

I actually think in general the mountain is looking better than it ever did, despite the loss of the tip top.

The new paint scheme, moss, and trees is really creating a beautiful new weenie.

James Alucobond

I actually think in general the mountain is looking better than it ever did, despite the loss of the tip top.

The new paint scheme, moss, and trees is really creating a beautiful new weenie.
I'm not entirely sold on the current cap being better than the stump, but I do vastly prefer the artificial trees to the briar patch, which always looked plainly metallic and unattractive to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom