News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

sedati

The landmass was called "Chick-a-pin Hill." Florida's Splash Mountain (a great ride) was a poorly sculpted mess compared to its sisters and looked less like a hill or mountain than an unusual upheaval of clay mixed with odd volcanic looking rock. I suppose if you were one of the little critters it looked like a mountain.

OMFVE8465.jpg

Ugly. You can see the young lady to the left wincing in pain as she averts her eyes from this grotesque monstrosity. I had been there a year before the ride opened and couldn't believe the simple metal framework would be turned into a mountain so quickly. I just didn't realize they would achieve that speed by forgoing skill and craftsmanship.

BTW,I believe the stump at the top served as a model for the giant tree stump that is the centerpiece of Universal's Volcano Bay.

Compare Florida's to this where the tree looks like a tree and the rocks look like rocks and the overall shape and design makes for something iconic.

TYDVE1997.jpg

That said I loved the ride and am sad it's been closed my last two visits which means it's been over a decade since I've ridden it. I will miss it, but I do look forward to what's to some and could see it being an improvement.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the story of the original ride, it was never a mountain -- it was a hill. But it got the name "... Mountain" as an advertising gimmick.

In the retheme, it's still not a mountain.

If it looks too small to be a mountain... it's because it's not a mountain.

It never was a mountain and still won't be one.

It's not a mountain.

Look to DL's Matterhorn if you're looking for a mountain.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
A few additional photos of the outdoor queue area from today.

I wonder- some sections of the queue look MUCH closer to completion than others. I wonder if the current idea is to get the whole area, except right in front of the entrance, done, and open it, and then just install the barriers for the queue later so that they can get the mess of walls pushed inwards and make this eyesore less so

JoeCamel

I wonder- some sections of the queue look MUCH closer to completion than others. I wonder if the current idea is to get the whole area, except right in front of the entrance, done, and open it, and then just install the barriers for the queue later so that they can get the mess of walls pushed inwards and make this eyesore less so
They don't care about that, opens next year late so a year of walls is nothing. Been to Epcot in the last few years?

GoneForGood

WDW's may look a little closer to this 3D rendering. Kind of grainy though. Flowers still present.
But it's also worth noting some elements are shared and or different between the versions.

Attachments

• TBA day.jpg
    TBA day.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 97

Smiley/OCD

The interesting thing is that there is another post here in the rumors section about the downfall in the landscaping around Disney domestic parks…how long before those flowers get swapped out for more ecologically friendly plants and shrubs?

Dear Prudence

The interesting thing is that there is another post here in the rumors section about the downfall in the landscaping around Disney domestic parks…how long before those flowers get swapped out for more ecologically friendly plants and shrubs?
Maybe they were smart and went for eco friendly plants right out of the gate? Plus, it rains a lot more in Florida than it does in Southern California.

I still cannot believe they went with something that looks like the dung heap from Jurassic Park (with flowers on top of it?? lol) instead of the cool treehouse boat design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom