News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Unbanshee

Disney's recent updates point to a potential early opening for Tiana's Bayou Adventure​

They dropped "late" in December 2022 messaging, or even earlier.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They dropped "late" in December 2022 messaging, or even earlier.

The first few times I wasn't sure if it was just an omission, or the blog author's decision. With it being included in yesterday's earnings report in the 2024 list, when there was also a "late 2024" list, I think it is a safe bet to say it isn't just an omission at this point - so I feel comfortable writing that article.

In the Parks
No
First positive thing I have to say about this: they actually did make it look more like Avery Island (to the extent they can make a mountain look like this), at least according to this model of Avery Island at the Tabasco Museum located there:
1699544133697.png

mickEblu

(We're getting really off-topic by this point but this will be my last thing on ToT), I grew up going to Disney World every summer, and WDW's ToT was my first experience. I went to Disneyland the year their ToT opened, and as a seven-year-old I could already tell it was inferior. The "wave goodbye" and the lack of Rod Serling's final address before you fall stand out as the big issues, but by far the most egregious is the fact that once the elevator doors open and you're about to board, you step first into a hallway rather than the elevator itself. It made no thematic sense whatsoever.

You are missing out on DHS' ToT. It's a masterpiece. I cannot say that enough.

I can agree with all of this. Still better than Mission Breakout though.

EricsBiscuit

Speaking of riverboats... Frontier Land's riverboat docks in Colonial Liberty Square. The name of the attraction is Liberty Square Riverboat. All maps put its dock in Liberty Square.

But it's a Mississippi Riverboat. What's it doing docking in Philadelphia?

The number of anachronisms and contradictions strain the "realism" you claim is present in Magic Kingdom.

And a water tower isn't even anachronistic or a break in reality. Maybe the crown on it is. But we'll let the singing bears explain it to you.
So the first real steamboat in America was 1807~. The story of the ride is you see the westward expansion of America and the progress of time. You start out in colonial America, and move towards St Louis in the 1840s~ with the Diamond Horseshoe. You cross the Mighty Mo into Frontierland and you’ll see the dates on the buildings gradually tick up towards the 1870’s ~. In effect, the Liberty Belle is a time machine, showing you America’s development westward over time through its rivers. It’s much more detailed then most people realize.

TrainsOfDisney

So the first real steamboat in America was 1807~. The story of the ride is you see the westward expansion of America and the progress of time. You start out in colonial America, and move towards St Louis in the 1840s~ with the Diamond Horseshoe. You cross the Mighty Mo into Frontierland and you’ll see the dates on the buildings gradually tick up towards the 1870’s ~. In effect, the Liberty Belle is a time machine, showing you America’s development westward over time through its rivers. It’s much more detailed then most people realize.
Exactly. I find it extremely insulting to the early imagineers to act like details and realism don’t matter at the DL / MK parks.

LittleBuford

Exactly. I find it extremely insulting to the early imagineers to act like details and realism don’t matter at the DL / MK parks.
It's not that details don't matter; it's that people exaggerate the level of authenticity that the early Imagineers were going for, often repeating well-worn myths. I've shared photos of Main Street from the '70s with very anachronistic signage, and I've also shown that some of the most treasured theming-related "facts"—the supposed "river of poop" in Liberty Square, the intentionally wonky windows in the same land, and the avoidance of real flags on Main Street—have little to no basis in fact.

Casper Gutman

The original Imagineers (and many of their skilled successors) weren’t going for real, they were going for hyperreality, the realer than real, a copy of a place that never existed except in the collective imagination. If you have to argue that design elements like the Louisiana mountain or the mural or the posters are accurate if you really get down into the details, the reality nobody knows, you’ve failed MISERABLY. Hyperreality is absolutely fundamental to the parks.

Incomudro

It's not that details don't matter; it's that people exaggerate the level of authenticity that the early Imagineers were going for, often repeating well-worn myths. I've shared photos of Main Street from the '70s with very anachronistic signage, and I've also shown that some of the most treasured theming-related "facts"—the supposed "river of poop" in Liberty Square, the intentionally wonky windows in the same land, and the avoidance of real flags on Main Street—have little to no basis in fact.
I get what you're saying.
Magic Kingdom was in ways not designed for the full on realism exhibited in World Showcase or Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom