News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TrainsOfDisney

The crates are filled with empty salt shakers and we all know what’s in those barrels…
“crates of Beignets” was mentioned in early original descriptions of the ride. If the imagineers learned that beignets are loaded up in crates at the salt mound and then sent down river to New Orleans by way of hollowed out logs I’m pretty sure the whole fact-finding mission was spent on Bourbon street lol.

ToTBellHop

The Laughin’ Place gets “Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit” or we riot.

Just imagine. The year is 2024. You’ve just activated your $1999 IncrediPass and enjoyed an $11 pretzel with plastic cheese. You gleefully fall down the 2nd drop in Tiana’s bayou and come face to face with
1699316234203.jpeg

~swoon~

Last edited:

LittleBuford

It wasn’t as bad as other versions. I just mentioned it because it changed several times in a short period for reasons that were not clear. It was discussed here.
I remember that discussion!

In the interests of challenging the declinism that seems to characterise many of these threads (though not your contributions), I should point out that the Disney of yore was also guilty of these kinds of thematic blunders:

I disagree. These signs break theme quite egregiously:

ktpbkyc_wdw_1_72_n16b2_20120515_1692147165.jpg

KTPBKYC_R2_3_68_N11.jpg
Still, that doesn’t excuse how bad the Tiana posters are.

Casper Gutman

aladdin2007

I’m still optimistic for the ride, but these posters are really ugly and do nothing to evoke either the period or the feel of the film.
looks like a grocery store, this is just getting bad. We lost one of the best attractions to ever grace a themepark, aside from mansion...for this drivel. The whole direction of this project is just bad.

Ayla

It's almost like there was never a film that established the style, time period, and setting that should have been followed bringing the attraction to life...
We are lucky we didn't end up with Tron set in a 19th century Italian bordello and pasta factory.
I am on board with the redesigning of the ride, but I just do not understand some of the boneheaded moves Imagineering is doing...like these new posters that have zero connection to the correct time period.

Incomudro

I am on board with the redesigning of the ride, but I just do not understand some of the boneheaded moves Imagineering is doing...like these new posters that have zero connection to the correct time period.
They're so modern.
They look like the result of someone who has no clue that did a quick image search on Yahoo and printed something out.
How can they fail to find something that looks period correct?

LittleBuford

Yes. For example, I’m so pleased that Tiana will have unionized employees at the checkout at the end of the ride instead of self-checkout like the competitors.

Are you a Tiana Co-op Club member yet? Their Thanksgiving sale for members is incredible. 3 for 1 gumbo!

View attachment 753101
Why the sarcasm? You know I’m referring to the abundance of animatronics and lush scenery that those with insider knowledge have assured us are coming. The backstory stuff doesn’t excite me either, but there’s no reason to pretend it’s the totality of what’s happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom