News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

GoneForGood

Not officially no.
👀 The closest thing to it the first Sharika Mahdi piece. The first four shown off are directly inspiring show scenes, I believe. The Mama Ode image they showed off in May gave it away.

I will even go as far as saying. The souvenir plate at DL's Tiana Palace? That frog with the flower trumpet looks mighty close to the ones featured in her art piece.

Attachments

• Sharika other two.jpg
    Sharika other two.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 205

Brer Oswald

👀 The closest thing to it the first Sharika Mahdi piece. The first four shown off are directly inspiring show scenes, I believe. The Mama Ode image they showed off in May gave it away.

I will even go as far as saying. The souvenir plate at DL's Tiana Palace? That frog with the flower trumpet looks mighty close to the ones featured in her art piece.
Definitely inspired. There’s too many characters in the first piece. But you knew that already.

SuddenStorm

What's interesting about this is that the boat/dog was never the center of attention for this scene in Anaheim, rider's attention was typically drawn to Br'er Bear/Rabbit, then the bird/fox, then the two birds on the right, then the rabbit caught in honey. Honestly you'd kind of have to know it was there to see it.

So this is completely restaging the portion of the ride... but at the speed you go past this you'll only be able to glimpse Tiana and Naveen for like a second, despite them being the 'focus' of the scene now.

This makes me worried that WDI really doesn't understand this ride.

MrPromey

Remember when everyone was guessing that they'd reskin a Brer Bear animatronic or two for Louis?
If he's going to appear more than once, that might still be the case... not that it would, in itself be a bad thing since we were probably never going to be getting multiple state-of-the-art copies of a fully articulated animatronic for him, to begin with.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I assumed the scene with Tiana and Naveen in the boat would be replacing the first time you see Brer Fox and Brer Bear in the Disneyland version (with Brer Bear in the rabbit trap).

As for the art/mockups/whatever you'd call it @Medium Eddie posted... am I the only one who's worried a flooded New Orleans might remind people of the hurricanes?

MerlinTheGoat

These are very interesting. And believe it or not, they've actually partially alleviated some of my concerns about there only being 6 AA's. They do indeed look legitimate, and I can imagine it's fairly accurate to the sets they construct. But it's also clear that the renders can't be used to assume how many AA's there are going to be.

One of these renders is just the empty set without any of the figures inserted yet. Another render shows the lefthand building (formerly occupied by the Swamp Boys) with Eudora and Charlotte. But two of the other renders are of the main building (where the riverboat's wheel used to be) showing two different sets of figures each occupying the same platform. One variant has Tiana and Louis, the other variant has Naveen and Ralphie. So they were still testing different AA's and placements when these renders were made.

I also have a feeling that this isn't accurate to the quantity of figures either. The buildings are very similar to the old Riverboat in the sense that they have a lot of empty spaces and platforms on the stairs, sides and upper level where it looks like other AA's could/should be placed. So until further notice, I suggest taking the "only 6 AA's" claim with a grain of salt. We'll see, but it makes me strongly suspect there will be more figures in the final version. Either critters or also additional human characters as well. Just a hunch, but you have my reasoning now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

These are very interesting. And believe it or not, they've actually partially alleviated some of my concerns about there only being 6 AA's. They do indeed look legitimate, and I can imagine it's fairly accurate to the sets they construct. But it's also clear that the renders can't be used to assume how many AA's there are going to be.

One of these renders is just the empty set without any of the figures inserted yet. Another render shows the lefthand building (formerly occupied by the Swamp Boys) with Eudora and Charlotte. But two of the other renders are of the main building (where the riverboat's wheel used to be) showing two different sets of figures each occupying the same platform. One variant has Tiana and Louis, the other variant has Naveen and Ralphie. So they were still testing different AA's and placements when these renders were made.

The buildings are also similar to the old Riverboat in the sense that it has a lot of empty spaces and platforms on the side where plenty of other AA's could be placed. So until further notice, I suggest taking the "only 6 AA's" claim with a grain of salt. We'll see, but it makes me strongly suspect there will be more figures in the final version. Either critters or also additional human characters as well. Just a hunch, but you have my reasoning now.
I thought this looked like the riverboat location as well.
That riverboat finale has always been a high point for me.
I remember how wowed I was when I first saw it in the early 90's.
If this is indeed that location, I'm getting more of a Frozen attraction feel from this.
Like you say, many less advanced animatronics - like the chickens on the rocking riverboat - can be far more impressive than one or two highly advanced AA's.

MerlinTheGoat

I thought this looked like the riverboat location as well.
That riverboat finale has always been a high point for me.
I remember how wowed I was when I first saw it in the early 90's.
If this is indeed that location, I'm getting more of a Frozen attraction feel from this.
Like you say, many less advanced animatronics - like the chickens on the rocking riverboat - can be far more impressive than one or two highly advanced AA's.
This is definitely the finale room, and they've placed the new restaurant building precisely where the old riverboat was. The two renders showing either Tiana/Louis or Naveen/Ralphie are precisely where the water wheel was located. The way the staircase, rails, landings and upper balcony is constructed, it also looks a lot like the riverboat. Again goes to show how pointless getting rid of it was given how they built something that is so similar anyway.

But that said, it has a ton of space for additional figures. As much, if not even moreso than Splash. It's extremely hard for me to imagine that they'd only include 6 AA's and leave all of that empty space that looks tailor made for characters to occupy. Especially given that some of the figures will be on the lefthand building instead of the main restaurant...

Like you said, not every figure needs be state of the art, older tech in large quantities still looks great as well. Better than fewer more advanced ones. But as I said, I have a feeling we'll probably get a bit of both here. I could be wrong here, but at the very least these renders definitely weren't showcasing fully finalized AA quantity/placement.

Last edited:

harrisonm

Something I found interesting is that you can see all of the movement points on Louis, including the gap between his lower head and his jaw. Just thought that was an insight into how the figures would move on the final product

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

This is definitely the finale room, and they've placed the new restaurant building precisely where the old riverboat was. The two renders showing either Tiana/Louis or Naveen/Ralphie are precisely where the water wheel was located. The way the staircase, rails, landings and upper balcony is constructed, it also looks a lot like the riverboat. Again goes to show how pointless getting rid of it was given how they built something that is so similar anyway.

But that said, it has a ton of space for additional figures. As much, if not even moreso than Splash. It's extremely hard for me to imagine that they'd only include 6 AA's and leave all of that empty space that looks tailor made for characters to occupy...

Like you said, not every figure needs be state of the art, older tech in large quantities still looks great as well. Better than fewer more advanced ones. But as I said, I have a feeling we'll probably get a bit of both here. I could be wrong here, but at the very least these renders definitely weren't showcasing fully finalized AA quantity/placement.
Yes, my hope is that these renders are just concentrating on the most advanced AA's and their placement.
Hoping that the scene will be fleshed out with more less advanced ones.
That's my hope.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
So they were still testing different AA's and placements when these renders were made.
It looks to me like they can all fit in the locations they were placed in. I'll bet all four of them are on the restaurant spot. It's also possible Tiana is doing a little spin-dance sort of thing, given her arm-positioning.

Yes, my hope is that these renders are just concentrating on the most advanced AA's and their placement.
Hoping that the scene will be fleshed out with more less advanced ones.
That's my hope.
The renderings give me very little hope for the old animatronics remaining in this scene. It looks to me exactly like the Frozen set-up. Any extra animatronics from Splash would almost "take away" from the focus of these new, advanced animatronics. If anything, we'll get them in the bayou scenes earlier, but here it looks like the space is pretty well planned out to focus on the advanced animatronics.

Incomudro

It looks to me like they can all fit in the locations they were placed in. I'll bet all four of them are on the restaurant spot. It's also possible Tiana is doing a little spin-dance sort of thing, given her arm-positioning.

The renderings give me very little hope for the old animatronics remaining in this scene. It looks to me exactly like the Frozen set-up. Any extra animatronics from Splash would almost "take away" from the focus of these new, advanced animatronics. If anything, we'll get them in the bayou scenes earlier, but here it looks like the space is pretty well planned out to focus on the advanced animatronics.
Frozen is exactly the vibe I am getting as well.
Trying to remain optimistic against that.

MerlinTheGoat

Tiana and Louis are both in a "T-pose" position, which is the default state of 3D character models when they haven't been assigned any other poses or animation yet. It doesn't indicate that they're going to be spinning. Here are some other examples from Ratatouille's models for instance-

If this was supposed to convey the final quantity and placement of the figures, then one has to wonder why they didn't just show all four of those figures on the platform simultaneously. All four of them may well end up there in the final version. But my point is that these renders were still in a very incomplete state when they were screenshotted. They cannot be used as evidence that this is the quantity of figures that will be present in the final version.

To me, it makes little sense for them to build this new physical restaurant facade with so many obvious platforms that look specifically designed to hold animatronics, only to leave them empty. Otherwise they could have done something much more flat and simplistic and leave most/all of those platforms out. Like the very different Tiana's Palace from the film (and also what they based the Disneyland restaurant off).

1065374_1341166689919_full.jpg

For the record, I'm not even arguing they'll reuse any of Splash's figures specifically for this scene. But there are still a number of other characters from just the original film that you would think would be likely to appear in the finale. Naveen's parents and Big Daddy LaBouff were specifically mentioned in statements to be a part of the ride. I could also possibly see Mama Odie being present as well. There's also the other new musical critters as well as Tiana's employees that were created for this ride and the D+ series.

If I hear something to indicate that we are indeed only getting a very small quantity of AA's for this scene, I will share it and readily join in on the negativity. I haven't heard anything either way, just that the ride as a whole is supposed to have quite a lot of AA's. And the scarce pieces of art they've released thus far has lent credence towards that claim being accurate. I have my doubts at the moment that the finale of all scenes would have such an absurdly tiny amount (that would likely be fewer than two of the other earlier scenes they've shown art of). Especially with the clearly primitive state in which these renders were taken in, as well as the copious amount of empty platforms they've constructed that look like they're supposed to have characters present.

Bocabear

Tiana and Louis are both in a "T-pose" position, which is the default state of 3D character models when they haven't been assigned any other poses or animation yet. It doesn't indicate that they're going to be spinning. Here are some other examples from Ratatouille's models for instance-

If this was supposed to convey the final quantity and placement of the figures, then one has to wonder why they didn't just show all four of those figures on the platform simultaneously. All four of them may well end up there in the final version. But my point is that these renders were still in a very incomplete state when they were screenshotted. They cannot be used as evidence that this is the quantity of figures that will be present in the final version.

To me, it makes little sense for them to build this new physical restaurant facade with so many obvious platforms that look specifically designed to hold animatronics, only to leave them empty. Otherwise they could have done something much more flat and simplistic and leave most/all of those platforms out. Like the very different Tiana's Palace from the film (and also what they based the Disneyland restaurant off).

1065374_1341166689919_full.jpg

For the record, I'm not even arguing they'll reuse any of Splash's figures specifically for this scene. But there are still a number of other characters from just the original film that you would think would be likely to appear in the finale. Naveen's parents and Big Daddy LaBouff were specifically mentioned in statements to be a part of the ride. I could also possibly see Mama Odie being present as well. There's also the other new musical critters as well as Tiana's employees that were created for this ride and the D+ series.

If I hear something to indicate that we are indeed only getting a very small quantity of AA's for this scene, I will share it and readily join in on the negativity. I haven't heard anything either way, just that the ride as a whole is supposed to have quite a lot of AA's. And the scarce pieces of art they've released thus far has lent credence towards that claim being accurate. I have my doubts at the moment that the finale of all scenes would have such an absurdly tiny amount (that would likely be fewer than two of the other earlier scenes they've shown art of). Especially with the clearly primitive state in which these renders were taken in, as well as the copious amount of empty platforms they've constructed that look like they're supposed to have characters present.
I would have agreed if I did not ride the Frozen attraction at EPCOT...
It just looks like half of the setting is missing when you get to the top of the lift hill... Maybe it was planned with a lack of characters or the buget got cut, but it looks incomplete...I guess this could happen here too... lots of places designed for characters that will later get cut down to a few...
I am hoping for the best though.

UNCgolf

I would have agreed if I did not ride the Frozen attraction at EPCOT...
It just looks like half of the setting is missing when you get to the top of the lift hill... Maybe it was planned with a lack of characters or the buget got cut, but it looks incomplete...I guess this could happen here too... lots of places designed for characters that will later get cut down to a few...
I am hoping for the best though.

The lack of characters isn't really a big problem in Frozen; it's the lack of everything else.

More characters would help but they wouldn't address the main issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom