News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

yensidtlaw1969

fdhgsdr sfbvbn, sorry I was laughing so hard at that my keyboard fell off my desk... Thats a good one!
This is silly.

It’s been confirmed multiple times over that the attraction will feature a large animatronic cast, with several being notably advanced. Every source I’ve spoken to who would know has said as much, as have multiple reliable voices on this board. And the Disney press releases.

At some point this stuff you’re pulling just becomes bitter denial.

Disstevefan1

This is silly.

It’s been confirmed multiple times over that the attraction will feature a large animatronic cast, with several being notably advanced. Every source I’ve spoken to who would know has said as much, as have multiple reliable voices on this board. And the Disney press releases.

At some point this stuff you’re pulling just becomes bitter denial.
Ahh, It’s called negative rooting. If you were a Met fan you would understand.

Anyway, I do hope they do what they say and don’t do budget cuts.

Time will tell, let’s see what happens.

Incomudro

This is what passes for theming in modern Disney. Imagineering should be embarrassed.

That sign could be simplied to say "A Celebration of New Orleans". And leave it at that. The "Everyone is welcome" is already implied and the "Tonight Only" blub is superfluous.

The nobility titles should also go as it's counter to Tiana's all are equal Co-op premise. Instead of "welcoming us" we should be "joining them" for this celebration.

What a mess.
Right?
They really believe they need to quite literally spell it all out for us lately.

MerlinTheGoat

We've heard several sources saying there will be a lot of animatronics. And not just from me or their PR statements. I'm confident it'll have far more than the likes of Rise of the Resistance, Frozen or even Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast.

However, by what standard is "a lot"? Beauty and the Beast has about 17-18 proper AA's. Frozen has 15. That's actually considered "a lot" by modern Disney standards, when more often you'll see numbers in the low single digits. Splash at WDW however had approximately 55+ proper AA's. And Splash at Disneyland had 76-78.

So in the context of Tiana, are they aiming for Splash Mountain quantities, Frozen/BATB or something in between? The PR statement said "dozens". So i'll assume it'll have at least 24, which is relatively more than anything else they've built in the past few decades. Another person on this forum a while back said it would have have "over four dozen" new animatronics, around half of which would be state of the art. That's much higher at 48 figures, quite a lot by modern standards. Though still perhaps still not quite as many as WDW's Splash, and a lot less than DL's Splash.

There's also a rumor, stated by two different people, that the Riverboat finale would be gutted and replaced by a projection mapped facade of Tiana's Palace restaurant. With all of the old animatronics being scrapped. One of the two people said that this scene would only have 6 animatronics, a reduction from the 26 that Disneyland's Splash has or the 18 that WDW has. That's kind of a devastating loss if true. This source has yet to release the renders they said they were going to upload. Though given that this claim has been reiterated by another seemingly separate individual a while back, there's a decent chance it's true. Disappointing if so.

Last edited:

harrisonm

That's kind of a devastating loss if true. This source has yet to release the renders they said they were going to upload.
A while back someone I know asked the source who claimed to have the renderings; source said that they were told not to by whoever gave the renderings to them + they also said they did not want to get people fired from their jobs. Unknown if this is true or not, just thought it would be interesting to share

Tha Realest

Maybe so, but it definitely demonstrates a downgrade in the effort level. Park Ops or WDI are so desperate to erase these characters that they literally googled "rustic woodcarving bear log" and bought whatever came up.

What's the point of the placeholder? Why did they need to replace what was there? It's literally something out of a HomeGoods.

Honestly the whole shop will be ridiculously out of place once TBA opens. There must be a replacement plan at some point, right?
After six or seven scouting trips from Glendale to New Orleans there wasn’t much left to temporarily decorate the stores for the next year and a half, so off to Michael’s they went.

yensidtlaw1969

Maybe so, but it definitely demonstrates a downgrade in the effort level. Park Ops or WDI are so desperate to erase these characters that they literally googled "rustic woodcarving bear log" and bought whatever came up.

What's the point of the placeholder? Why did they need to replace what was there? It's literally something out of a HomeGoods.

Honestly the whole shop will be ridiculously out of place once TBA opens. There must be a replacement plan at some point, right?
The point of the placeholder is to placate people who would have said "They took away those carvings and didn't even replace them with anything, that's definitely a downgrade in the effort level".

This is so clearly temporary it's not even funny. Be grateful they at least made some effort in the meantime, unlike WDW which would absolutely have ripped them out and left things blank until the shop gets the real refurb we all know is coming.

Drdcm

Sadly even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The really strange thing is that there are subtle differences between the online listing and what they have up. Did they make these themselves and model it after what they googled?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom