News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drdcm

Regarding the mural. Looks to be expressionist, which would be consistent with the time period they are going for. Just not a style I tend to gravitate towards… too strange and flashy

LittleBuford

Some that did not care about Mardi Gras theme of the post 1920s.
Because it takes place inside the attraction.

Some did not care about the 1920s water tower.
There's nothing about the water tower that clashes with Frontierland other than the crown. It's actually the most Frontierland element of the rethemed exterior (again, minus the crown).

Now we have 1920s Mardi Gras mural artwork...

and it is somehow a little jarring to Frontierland.
Hardly "somehow". The reason is pretty obvious: it's outside and in view of the other elements of Frontierland.

celluloid

Because it takes place inside the attraction.

There's nothing about the water tower that clashes with Frontierland other than the crown. It's actually the most Frontierland element of the rethemed exterior (again, minus the crown).

Hardly "somehow". The reason is pretty obvious: it's outside and in view of the other elements of Frontierland.

Right, but since the crown is there, it's not separable. It is an out of place design because it is a post 1920s water tower. Not an 1800s frontier one.

If pirates from Treasure Planet were inside POTC. It would be jarring to the theme. It is not less jarring because it is indoors.

Splash Mountain was a design based on going from real/surreal to animation fantastical.

Here we have Tiana's animation world inside and out. This has been a concern from early on. Some are just finally seeing the results appear.

It is not jarring because the mural fits Tiana's Bayou theme. It is jarring because the in theme element of the goal, do not fit the in theme elements of the designed land.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

I think I saw this graphic on “The Electric Company” in 1972.

1693431930158.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom