News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

I'm pretty sure it's actually not a decal based on other shots (and I don't think it would make much sense for this application), but decal maintenance is definitely not one of Disney's strong suits, as evidenced by the state of the wallpaper in MMRR.
yeah, I agree, I am not convinced it is printed, but Having a printed finish would make it easier to replace for maintenance...Some of the inks are improving...

Epcot82Guy

WDW’s thematic consistency ship sailed away a long, long time ago. One could say as far back as MK’s opening day.

I would say it's much more erosion than a sailed ship. It's not a yes or no issue. There certainly were inch m inconsistency since day 1. But it's getting far worse. The fact you have 6 inches of shore erosion doesn't mean you then accept 6 feet of shore erosion. Or, let alone, encourage it when it really isn't needed.

Rich T

I would say it's much more erosion than a sailed ship. It's not a yes or no issue. There certainly were inch m inconsistency since day 1. But it's getting far worse. The fact you have 6 inches of shore erosion doesn't mean you then accept 6 feet of shore erosion. Or, let alone, encourage it when it really isn't needed.
Overall, I agree; for me the general WDW experience just keeps getting worse and worse to the point where I’m done with Disney for now.

Still, in park design there’s a factor that overrides things like thematic consistency: “Does it work?” Any weird juxtaposition that ends up pleasing and fun becomes a positive and accepted part of the park’s overall identity. Very curious to see how TBA and its surroundings turn out on both coasts.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I can't imagine many animatronics were cut to work on the queue, but who knows. There is a limited budget, increased or not. That said, I would've been shocked to see them leave the queue alone. Like it or not, they're working hard to establish an atmosphere and story within the ride and we know the queue is a very important piece of that, esp with modern Disney rides. The queue is essential in that, especially if that's where we're getting the smell of beignets and snippets about what's happened since the movie (and probably a recap of the movie as well).

The Splash queue was basically minimum effort and I think some type of refurb, even if slight, can only be an improvement.

Disstevefan1

There goes half a billion dollars on some stupid queue!!!1!!
Trophy.png

FigmentFan82

Maybe surprise us with a Tiana's quick serve booth or something in there? Then the rest of the food traffic goes to Pecos. Is that still rumored to be rethemed too or all quiet on the western front? Inquiring minds need to know!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe surprise us with a Tiana's quick serve booth or something in there? Then the rest of the food traffic goes to Pecos. Is that still rumored to be rethemed too or all quiet on the western front? Inquiring minds need to know!
I've not seen or heard about a Pecos retheme to NOLA since someone spotted park execs casing the joint half a year ago.

Disstevefan1

Please, you know full well most of the people who are in here complaining all the time would call Disney cheap and use it against them if they didn't redo the queue.
Yup. There was probably a valid reason for them to do this work anyway.

We know they don't spend money in the parks unless they have to.

TheMaxRebo

the promotional material talked about the smell of beignets in the queue, maybe this work is for that and having the stand somewhere in the area to sell them

Bocabear

the promotional material talked about the smell of beignets in the queue, maybe this work is for that and having the stand somewhere in the area to sell them
I think we can be pretty darn sure they will be selling them, if not in the gift shop exit space, then very close by...Maybe they will do a whole Tiana's Foods Employee Owned Co-op Shop... would make sense given the theme...and be better than generic Disney branded merchandise...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom