News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

KeithVH

OK. So, yeah . . .

Looking at the pictures can't ya just see how the area looks more and more like the Vieux Carre every day? Especially the big hill in Jackson Square?

<sigh>

yensidtlaw1969

Can we just say the thematic consistency here will be strained at best?
On what grounds? It's so far from done, and we hardly know what purpose any of the individual known pieces will serve in the whole. Let alone how they plan (or don't) to make thematic sense of it.

I'm usually not one to say wait and see, but Disney's still holding most of their cards with this one, so I think we gotta hang in a bit longer. People are leaping to illogical conclusions and then getting themselves worked up about their own bad ideas. At its best it's exasperating.

So far we have no evidence that this will be any more thematically inconsistent than Splash, and nobody got worked up about that.

In the Parks
No
Disney has a habit of putting Easter Eggs of past attractions (allegedly there are references to Catastrophe Canyon and Lights Motors Action hidden in Galaxys Edge)...so maybe they'll keep Brer Rabbit's weather vane around as part of that.
Don't know about Catastrophe Canyon but here's the LMA tribute. On a speeder hanging on the wall somewhere, the Aurebesh letters spell out LMA and the tachometer is a clear replication. See below:
1689743353213.png

Aurebesh chart:
1689743408023.png

1689743339353.png

Disstevefan1

Do you have invoices you can share?
Ha, you know Disney would never share that information!!

You're right, since they are saving a ton of money on animatronics, they can spend some money on the queue.

I hope they make it a shaded queue. They probably won't, but I hope so.

JD80

You're right, since they are saving a ton of money on animatronics, they can spend some money on the queue.

You're the one saying with authority where they are spending money and whether or not it's well spent. I'm just trying to understand how you came to know these things.

Disstevefan1

You're the one saying with authority where they are spending money and whether or not it's well spent. I'm just trying to understand how you came to know these things.
I have no authority, you have no authority, this is just a discussion board, to my untrained eye, they could have left a lot alone in this reskin of splash, in my opinion this queue area didn’t need to be demolished to be rebuilt, but then again that seems to be their process - see EPCOT.

Again, you are right, for all we know, they could be proactively preventing a sink hole.

JD80

I have no authority, you have no authority, this is just a discussion board, to my untrained eye, they could have left a lot alone in this reskin of splash, in my opinion this queue area didn’t need to be demolished to be rebuilt, but then again that seems to be their process - see EPCOT.

Again, you are right, for all we know, they could be proactively preventing a sink hole.

Which is valid opinion and worth discussing. Words matter and what you posted wasn't an opinion it was a statement of fact without any support. Such statements are not conducive to having a discussion unless you're speaking for a position of authority.

TheMaxRebo

We just don't know anything about how the money is being spent. I think we have it on pretty good authority they increased the budget but that is about it

So maybe they have enough to do everything they wanted inside and do the queue too - and maybe th queue, being in the other side of the tracks, will become more connected to Louisiana and the Bayou, not really needing to visual can next to BTMRR or anything, who knows

I do agree if they decided to spend a ton int he queue in exchange for a significant cut to animatronics, that is not the best call/what I would have done

Disstevefan1

We just don't know anything about how the money is being spent. I think we have it on pretty good authority they increased the budget but that is about it

So maybe they have enough to do everything they wanted inside and do the queue too - and maybe th queue, being in the other side of the tracks, will become more connected to Louisiana and the Bayou, not really needing to visual can next to BTMRR or anything, who knows

I do agree if they decided to spend a ton int he queue in exchange for a significant cut to animatronics, that is not the best call/what I would have done
After thinking about it, maybe there was a drainage issue and there was water getting into the utilidors below.

That would indeed be an important and needed fix.

Bocabear

The decal thing (instead of just using actual, you know, wood) does not bode well for what it's going to look like inside. They're clearly in extreme cost-savings mode.
Replacing a decal is a lot faster than completely repainting and faux finishing when the sun fades it... That actually happens a lot with using high-res prints so that they can be replaced a lot quicker and much more easily if damaged... If indeed this is a printed finish...

James Alucobond

Replacing a decal is a lot faster than completely repainting and faux finishing when the sun fades it... That actually happens a lot with using high-res prints so that they can be replaced a lot quicker and much more easily if damaged... If indeed this is a printed finish...
I'm pretty sure it's actually not a decal based on other shots (and I don't think it would make much sense for this application), but decal maintenance is definitely not one of Disney's strong suits, as evidenced by the state of the wallpaper in MMRR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom