News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheMaxRebo

I know it was The Disney Decade and all. And some like to call them unifnished parks, but even with that.

It is wild that from 1989 to 1998. That is nine years. We got Splash Mountain, two entire theme parks, Tower of Terror, Rocknrollercoaster, Muppet Vision 3D, Honey I Shrunk The Audience. Lion King Puppet show at Magic Kingdom, New Parades, Fantasmic A few misses of updated attractions like Tiki Room. Tomorrowland retheme including Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Buzz Lightyear. EPCOT also had Test Track. Disneyquest. I am not even counting all the lackluster attempts that just did not pan out but were at least built or produced.

Now do 2013 to 2023. Sure there are a few hits, but nothing in comparison.

Obviously no new gates which is a big thing, but from 2012- 2020 (up to COVID) we did get:
- New Fantasyland (Under the Sea, Tales with Belle, BiG, Double Dumbo, etc)
- Test Track 2.0
- Festival of Fantasy parade
- 7DMT
- Frozen Ever After
- Fairytale Hall and new Anna Else M&G
- Happily Ever After and Rivers of Light
- World of Pandora (FoP and Navi)
- Toy Story Land (SDD and AS2)
- Galaxy Edge (Rise and MFSR)
- Skyliner
- MMRR

(Plus lots of restaurants and DVCs)

Now maybe some of those aren't your favorites s, but over an 8+ year period, that is a lot .... And if they kept up that pace I think we'd be feeling a lot different

But then Vivid and they scaled back Epcot and stretched out opening Remy/Tron/GotG, and now don't really have much started/in the pipeline - that I think is then bigger issue

Dranth

I know it was The Disney Decade and all. And some like to call them unifnished parks, but even with that.

It is wild that from 1989 to 1998. That is nine years. We got Splash Mountain, two entire theme parks, Tower of Terror, Rocknrollercoaster, Muppet Vision 3D, Honey I Shrunk The Audience. Lion King Puppet show at Magic Kingdom, New Parades, Fantasmic A few misses of updated attractions like Tiki Room. Tomorrowland retheme including Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Buzz Lightyear. EPCOT also had Test Track. Disneyquest. I am not even counting all the lackluster attempts that just did not pan out but were at least built or produced.

Now do 2013 to 2023. Sure there are a few hits, but nothing in comparison.
2013 brought us Glow with the Show and 2015 saw the removal of the sorcerers hat in DHS so by default it wins!

Beyond that we have 7DMT, FEA, Toy Story land, GE, Pandora, Tron, Rat, GotG, MMRR, Festival of Fantasy, lots of smaller shows and some restaurants, more festivals at Epcot, HEA (twice), harm, EF (twice) almost all of what is now Disney Springs and I few other things I am sure I am missing.

That looks better when you consider most of the major additions where in a 3–5-year time frame. Pandora (2017), Toy Story Land (2018), GE (2019) all opened in back-to-back years. We were due Tron, Rat, MMRR and GotG all for the 50th in 2020/2021 and who knows what they may have built if they didn’t' slam the breaks on everything.

Opinions on the new stuff aside, I think that is what bugs me the most, they were finally starting to spend and build after YEARS of doing little and then 2020 happens. I get slowing things down and pausing to get your bearings in a time like that but they made roughly no plans as evidenced by the last D23.

Epcot82Guy

Obviously no new gates which is a big thing, but from 2012- 2020 (up to COVID) we did get:
- Test Track 2.0
- 7DMT
- Frozen Ever After
-
Galaxy Edge (Rise and MFSR)
- Skyliner
- MMRR

I think your list actually highlights the bigger problem. They opened a number of new DVC projects and some new restaurants. But, of those above, a large number are replacements. And that's becoming more true with the projects on the horizon. These often have lower capacity than that they replaced.

So, it's more like them replacing all the Values with DVC than development of new hotels.

celluloid

- Test Track 2.0
- 7DMT
- Frozen Ever After
- Galaxy Edge (Rise and MFSR)
- Skyliner
- MMRR

Now maybe some of those aren't your favorites s, but over an 8+ year period, that is a lot .... And if they kept up that pace I think we'd be feeling a lot different

But then Vivid and they scaled back Epcot and stretched out opening Remy/Tron/GotG, and now don't really have much started/in the pipeline - that I think is then bigger issue

Yeah...that does not really compare though to what was mentioned above. Two of them don't even exist anymore and two others are flat rides. You tossed in the DVC resorts and resteraunts. I did not even list the details of Pleasure Island and all the Disney hotels that came between 1989 and 1998. I also forgot Wonders of Life Pavilion and Ellen's Energy Adventure, Innoventions, Beauty and The Beast, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Goofy's Barnstormer and all the minor projects both adored and meh like completely redesigning the left half of Center Street to expand the emporium.

Then you have Disneyquest completely given up on with nothing in the building facility, Stitch's Great Escape, shorts that are not custom mad for park but dvd consumer shorts playing in a 3D theater. Many other shuttered unused venue space.

No fault of your listing of course. You did a good job compiling it.

Last edited:

celluloid

Opinions on the new stuff aside, I think that is what bugs me the most, they were finally starting to spend and build after YEARS of doing little and then 2020 happens. I get slowing things down and pausing to get your bearings in a time like that but they made roughly no plans as evidenced by the last D23.

And that is still a choice. Other parks big and small did not halt building as much.
Sea World and Busch Gardens have each opened two rides since the Pandemic
Cedar Point has opened two rides since the Pandemic and working on their third revamp of Top Thrill project for next year.
King's Island opened a giga coaster and rethemed an area since the pandemic and the went to retheme an entire area.
Universal has done a lot resort wide since the pandemic and following years.
Disney was happy to finish loose ends, close a bunch of venues and focus all of their attention on retheming their log flume. For how big of a company and advancements, they don't put it back into the attractions anymore.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah...that does not really compare though to what was mentioned above. Two of them don't even exist anymore and two others are flat rides. You tossed in the DVC resorts and resteraunts. I did not even list the details of Pleasure Island and all the Disney hotels that came between 1989 and 1998. I also forgot Wonders of Life Pavilion and Ellen's Energy Adventure, Innoventions, Beauty and The Beast, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Goofy's Barnstormer and all the minor projects both adored and meh like completely redesigning the left half of Center Street to expand the emporium.

Then you have Disneyquest completely given up on with nothing in the building facility, Stitch's Great Escape, shorts that are not custom mad for park but dvd consumer shorts playing in a 3D theater. Many other shuttered unused venue space.

No fault of your listing of course. You did a good job compiling it.

Definitely doesn't compare - really somewhat incredible how close together Disney opened MGM and AK

Just sometimes I think easy to forget there was quite a bit of investment in the 2010s, it just really scaled back around COVID and then nothing much coming (that we know of/has started) now when Universal is going gangbusters .... But this extremeness is more of the past 3 years, not past 15

BagOfGroceries

No those opened before in 2019. So really before the span between the times referenced.
Railway actually did open in 2020. March 4th, a few days before everything went to crap.
I strongly dislike the ST, and am not crazy about the decisions with making and implementing Batuu. But RotR is a quality attraction, hands down.
That’s my opinion too. One of my favorite jokes is how Last Jedi being the best in the trilogy simply isn’t saying much.

Happy for a reliable partner to be involved.

FettFan

Rise of the Resistance does not deserve to be counted as a theme park ride.

From what I’ve heard, it’s pretty spectacular….when it actually works.

If what I’ve heard is correct, because of all the different systems that have to be synchronized in order to operate as designed, RotR is the least reliable Disney ride that’s ever been built…

Which means…

When judging by that metric…

RotR is actually worse than Superstar Limo.

ECry_wYUEAAQl8X.jpg

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

If what I’ve heard is correct, because of all the different systems that have to be synchronized in order to operate as designed, RotR is the least reliable Disney ride that’s ever been built…

Which means…

When judging by that metric…

RotR is actually worse than Superstar Limo.

ECry_wYUEAAQl8X.jpg

I've been on it at least 3 times and it just didn't grab me. The one thing I really like though is the animatronic of that one alien in the ship.

celluloid

I think Flying Saucers, Rocket Rods or Indiana Jones sitll take that cake as far as actual reliability/downtime as designed.

LittleBuford

Quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Go on once, you've seen it all.
You would have to argue the same for pretty much any attraction. (It isn’t true anyway, since one always sees something new with every reride.)

I don’t understand what you’re aiming at with this bizarre line of reasoning.

Last edited:

jinx8402

I don’t understand what you’re aiming at with this bizarre line of reasoning.

I'm not that big a fan of Star Wars.

Found the reason...

You would have to argue the same for pretty much any attraction. (It isn’t true anyway, since one always sees something new with every reride.)
I've been on it at least 3 times and it just didn't grab me. The one thing I really like though is the animatronic of that one alien in the ship.

Also, he's ridden it more than once...so even he didn't take his own suggestion that is ride-once ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom