News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

Said 4-5 years ago, all were within 4 years (MF:SR was Aug of 2019, just under 4 years ago)

The reference was in response to what will have opened in the span from Cosmic to Tiana's tentative opening in 2024. Splash reopening as Tiana though in 2024. That span of time would be five years bub.

TheMaxRebo

The reference was in response to what will have opened in the span from Cosmic to Tiana's tentative opening in 2024. Splash reopening as Tiana though in 2024. That span of time would be five years bub.

Statement was "Who would have guessed 4-5 years ago" all of those are within 4 to 5 years ago

All within 4 actually. So if Tiana's opens by August it still would be within 5 years of that, which wasn't what was stated, bub

celluloid

Statement was "Who would have guessed 4-5 years ago" all of those are within 4 to 5 years ago

All within 4 actually. So if Tiana's opens by August it still would be within 5 years of that, which wasn't what was stated, bub

psst...span of time came after that.

Yes, I suppose if Tiana opened early 2024 it may have fallen within your five years instead of your intiail four years, that is not either the definition of a "span of time" between two dates.

Now that we have made it confusing to show you are right, let's move out of semantics.

As clearly, they are all memorable attractions that are helping Disney's bottom line.

TheMaxRebo

psst...span of time came after that.

Yes, I suppose if Tiana opened early 2024 it may have fallen within your five years instead of your intiail four years, that is not either the definition of a "span of time" between two dates.

Now that we have made it confusing to show you are right, let's move out of semantics.

As clearly, they are all memorable attractions that are helping Disney's bottom line.

Well, even if we give them to the end of 2024 the only ride that falls off would be Smugglers Run

I would say Rise if the Resistance and at least Guardians were designed to help the bottom line.

I think the much bigger issue is that they just didn't have much past Tron and nothing announced for after TBA. So issue to me isn't 2019-2024 as much as 2023-2026, that time would appears pretty weak

James Alucobond

Rise of the Resistance does not deserve to be counted as a theme park ride.
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

James Alucobond

Actual piece of garbage that is less of a "ride" and more of a a LARP.
You can totally not like it, but it's beyond ridiculous to single it out as less a ride than some of the other things in the list you quoted. Even if you discount the pre-show, the sequence aboard the transport vessel, and the holding cell, you still have a trackless ride of a length roughly equivalent to Ratatouille with far more physical setpieces and animatronics. If Rise gets your hackles up, why not Ratatouille?

JD80

If you ignore COVID impact in construction and time tables and basically rip out '20 and '21, WDW got a pretty decent slate of things. @TheMaxRebo and I did a thing a few months ago. This isn't complete, but it's a good frame of reference of things big and small added (some now taken away lol) to WDW.

The $ number is millions of dollars invested in the parks that year (very rough).

$2,375$3,223$3,294$2,145$1,597$2,680TBA
HEAToyStory LandMove it Shake ItAwesome PlanetEnchantmentGotGTron
Rivers of LightDisney Jr Dance PartyEpcot ForeverBeauty and the Beast Sing alongHarmoniousDucktalesMoana
PandoraLightning McQueenCanada Far and WideRemyStarcruiserWoodys BBQ
Copper Creek & Cabins DVCSWGECavalcadesKite TailsMB+HEA2
Grand Desino TowerMMRRFantasmic Re-do
Riviera DVC
Skyliner

SamusAranX

If you ignore COVID impact in construction and time tables and basically rip out '20 and '21, WDW got a pretty decent slate of things. @TheMaxRebo and I did a thing a few months ago. This isn't complete, but it's a good frame of reference of things big and small added (some now taken away lol) to WDW.

The $ number is millions of dollars invested in the parks that year (very rough).

$2,375$3,223$3,294$2,145$1,597$2,680TBA
HEAToyStory LandMove it Shake ItAwesome PlanetEnchantmentGotGTron
Rivers of LightDisney Jr Dance PartyEpcot ForeverBeauty and the Beast Sing alongHarmoniousDucktalesMoana
PandoraLightning McQueenCanada Far and WideRemyStarcruiserWoodys BBQ
Copper Creek & Cabins DVCSWGECavalcadesKite TailsMB+HEA2
Grand Desino TowerMMRRFantasmic Re-do
Riviera DVC
Skyliner
A lot of this weren’t even real big investments in the parks, or not in the parks at all (resorts/DVC). Regardless of quantity, I would argue 1. The quality matters more and 2. Actual attraction and capacity investments in the parks themselves (aka not another DVC villa) have still not kept up.

JD80

A lot of this weren’t even real big investments in the parks, or not in the parks at all (resorts/DVC). Regardless of quantity, I would argue 1. The quality matters more and 2. Actual attraction and capacity investments in the parks themselves (aka not another DVC villa) have still not kept up.

I'm only pointing out that things that came to the property. A good question is how many rides and attractions is a good amount per year? Pre covid we were seeing new lands (tsl, pandora, swge) at a pretty good clip and new rides (tron remy gotg, mmrr) being added to thr parks.

Is that the rate we need or do the parks need more than that? Obviously there is some backlog of required capacity, but assuming decent capacity at each park, how fast does wdw need to expand to keep people coming and keep people happy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom