News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

I'm only pointing out that things that came to the property. A good question is how many rides and attractions is a good amount per year? Pre covid we were seeing new lands (tsl, pandora, swge) at a pretty good clip and new rides (tron remy gotg, mmrr) being added to thr parks.

Is that the rate we need or do the parks need more than that? Obviously there is some backlog of required capacity, but assuming decent capacity at each park, how fast does wdw need to expand to keep people coming and keep people happy?

Clearly more than they do now and its caught up to them.

Quality also counts. Stiche's Great Escape and Tron did not exactly move the needle for example of attractions a decade apart both not doing much.

Pandora helped Animal Kingdom for awhile.

It is particularly agregious is because Iger had said when he became CEO nearly two decades ago when asked about more theme parks in the states, that the focus would be expanding attractions within the parks they had. Like a flat out no. And really, the rate of new attractions and upkeep of old ones(sometimes shuttering with zero replacement) has actually become worse.

Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios have both had large attendance gains since 2009. While their new attractions, particularly recently have not all moved the needle, they have continued a good pace of new attractions large and small. They are clearly doing enough for their two park resort, but they were the last to build a new major theme park in the United States, and they will be the most recent to build new theme parks in the United States.

No major theme park should go a full calendar year without a major attraction, smaller attraction, night time show, day parade or unique attraction that will draw people in. WDW has four theme parks and has commonly failed that. Even parks with stints that did well with that more recently(Hollywood Studios) they have shuttered many things that hurt what was already there.

Brer Panther

Most of the new rides Disney has added to the resort since 2018 are lousy. For every Rise of the Resistance there's a Remy's Ratatouille Adventure.

TheMaxRebo

I haven't been on it yet, but it certainly looks like a vastly superior ride to Ratatouille, Guardians, TRON, or Smuggler's Run.

it is - well, Guardians is similar level (to me) but very different.

Rise is 3 interconnected ride systems plus part performance art/interactive theater with the role of the CMs, etc. ... its really unique as far as a theme park experience. I can understand just not liking it or not thinking it was worth the $ or the trouble as it does go down a lot - but no way to say it is a bad thing

Epcot82Guy

Rise is a multi-part attraction that, when taken in its whole, is definitely a Disney "ride". It has relatability issues, and there is a valid argument it can be over hyped. But, it is very tough to argue it isn't a major E Ticket attraction.

Similarly, as much as I really dislike a lot of recent decisions -especially destroying Epcot and its theme for a mess. It's tough to argue they haven't been investing in the Parks in the past 5 years. I think it's poor story telling and a lot of wasted money (with a huge need of help on other attractions). But we did get a good number of things each year.

seabreezept813

it is - well, Guardians is similar level (to me) but very different.

Rise is 3 interconnected ride systems plus part performance art/interactive theater with the role of the CMs, etc. ... its really unique as far as a theme park experience. I can understand just not liking it or not thinking it was worth the $ or the trouble as it does go down a lot - but no way to say it is a bad thing
It’s really cool and elaborate. If they could create something like it that had a lot of heart, Disney would amaze me. As for fun, I actually liked MF and Guardians better.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

You can totally not like it, but it's beyond ridiculous to single it out as less a ride than some of the other things in the list you quoted. Even if you discount the pre-show, the sequence aboard the transport vessel, and the holding cell, you still have a trackless ride of a length roughly equivalent to Ratatouille with far more physical setpieces and animatronics. If Rise gets your hackles up, why not Ratatouille?
Because Ratatouille is actually fun.

It transcends being just a ride. It's an experience.
Quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Go on once, you've seen it all.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I'm only pointing out that things that came to the property. A good question is how many rides and attractions is a good amount per year? Pre covid we were seeing new lands (tsl, pandora, swge) at a pretty good clip and new rides (tron remy gotg, mmrr) being added to thr parks.

Is that the rate we need or do the parks need more than that? Obviously there is some backlog of required capacity, but assuming decent capacity at each park, how fast does wdw need to expand to keep people coming and keep people happy?
To me, I think they should be aiming for at least one major new ride per year with a new land every 3. This is focusing just on lands/attractions.

So repeating every three years:

Year 1Year 2Year 3
E ticket (possible mini-land)E/D ticketNew land (E ticket + smaller ride + food) or (E ticket + food)
Upgrades/showUpgrades/show, foodUpgrades

celluloid

I know it was The Disney Decade and all. And some like to call them unifnished parks, but even with that.

It is wild that from 1989 to 1998. That is nine years. We got Splash Mountain, two entire theme parks, Tower of Terror, Rocknrollercoaster, Muppet Vision 3D, Honey I Shrunk The Audience. Lion King Puppet show at Magic Kingdom, New Parades, Fantasmic A few misses of updated attractions like Tiki Room. Tomorrowland retheme including Timekeeper, Alien Encounter and Buzz Lightyear. EPCOT also had Test Track. Disneyquest. I am not even counting all the lackluster attempts that just did not pan out but were at least built or produced.

Now do 2013 to 2023. Sure there are a few hits, but nothing in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom