News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

Oh boy. Another person going on about us complaining about Disney's standards to detail that Disney themselves set.
If you don't like the outfit, that's fine, but what about it does not meet their standards? Many characters have outfits that are unique to the parks, like Mickey and the gang, and there is nothing wildly out of character about this outfit. It clearly draws inspiration from the 20s and pulls together elements of her original design, her costumes from the upcoming animated series, and the wardrobe of related characters like Eudora.

Bocabear

I think it is just the stretching of the whole character that feels odd to me. The outfit is fine for another story...but nothing from the movie would lead me to believe that Tiana is the new world explorer... That is really my complaint...taking the characters out of and beyond what their source material suggests. Would you find it odd if Moana was in a spaceship running a weather station from Mars? That is the same sort of stretch (though exaggerated)...She was a voyager so why wouldn't she be exploring outer space? or running Moana Cruises LTD and have an animated series like The Love Boat where all the Disney Characters would have adventures together on a cruise ship...which would of course be modeled after the Disney cruise line for cross advertising and synergy....

James Alucobond

I think it is just the stretching of the whole character that feels odd to me. The outfit is fine for another story...but nothing from the movie would lead me to believe that Tiana is the new world explorer... That is really my complaint...taking the characters out of and beyond what their source material suggests. Would you find it odd if Moana was in a spaceship running a weather station from Mars? That is the same sort of stretch (though exaggerated)...She was a voyager so why wouldn't she be exploring outer space? or running Moana Cruises LTD and have an animated series like The Love Boat where all the Disney Characters would have adventures together on a cruise ship...which would of course be modeled after the Disney cruise line for cross advertising and synergy....
We're talking about a character who canonically lives near the bayou wearing slightly more practical clothing when trekking in the bayou. Your analogies are always absurd; what does this have to do with Moana in space?

Roger_the_pianist

I have this long held theory that Disney has an elaborate process for creating IP that will overlay into existing attractions in the parks that they know need updating.

Frozen worked too perfectly in the Norway pavilion to be a coincidence, and I tend to think Tiana's story always had a path to creating a southern story that could direct away from that other movie set in the south.

Brer Oswald

I think Tiana’s Palace could have worked well thematically as a replacement for the Briar Patch. But why remove the New Orleans style steamboat in a New Orleans based ride? It was like the one thing they could’ve naturally repurposed.

This super unique and iconic scene to be replaced with another boat ride through a nighttime town with humans (Pirates being the other).

MerlinTheGoat

I don't know anything about the riverboat finale, but that sounds like a really stupid and unnecessary thing to do. And if they significantly reduce the AA's, especially to THAT degree, then we've got a serious problem and the ride is destined to be a disaster. I'll reiterate that what I was told seemingly contradicts the reduction claim, at least regarding the overall amount included in the ride. In particular, someone here said none of the old AA's were being kept and would all be scrapped. Whereas I was told the AS figures would be repurposed for the new ride.

Unless they've somehow come to the strange decision to increase the amount of AA's in the other scenes but reduce the amount in the finale. Which wouldn't be a good idea either. The finale scene is the largest room in the ride by far and the place you'd expect to see the most figures. It would feel exceptionally empty with such a piddling amount of figures. The other rooms have much more limited space, so I can't imagine there would be much room to substantially increase the amount of figures.

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

They formally announced "dozens" of animatronics, so we will be getting at least 24....
1688674348898.gif

Bocabear

If the finale is well staged, dynamic, and the AA's are all top of the line, it will still be thrilling to sail through. Quantity does not mean quality.
If....
but that was always the great thing about the Disney attractions: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World... there are lots of details and characters in each setting... which makes it so dynamic... it is not just 3 or 4 animatronics on a massive set (Rio Del Donaldo)... And I will say that the Mexico attraction got exponentially better when they added the three animatronics... but we are all used to the finale being filled with animatronics and motion...a real true finale... So......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom