News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SamusAranX

It’s a legitimate thing to scrutinise. I happen not to agree with the complaints, but there’s nothing wrong in principle with fans criticising the design of a character’s outfit.
I’ll be the first to admit SM should have stayed. But I like PaTF and hope Imagineering really does it well, but it seems some who also felt the same as me are going to complain about every single little thing. Not all of it needs to bear scrutiny.

Epcot82Guy

The new costume is cute and is a nice addition - but it adds to the continued muddled nature of this ride, especially being in Frontierland. It is very SEA or Adventureland Tiana's Salt Mine Safari... This is starting to feel a bit like Epcot's redo on the combination of themes attempting to live together vs. having a clear focus/direction.

With that, I can't believe we've missed the most important employee-owned question of all. Will Tiana's Foods have a College Program?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1688266232829.png
1688266487598.png
1688266614984.png

1688266440305.png
1688266797322.png

Tiana's gonna have more costume changes than a Cher concert.

Bocabear

What would your design for Tiana’s bayou outfit look like? What specific aspects of the costume do you object to, and why?
I think I covered the why...I guess the whole stretching and putting everything in the world on her is my problem...
her story arc was simple and sweet... this Foods Factory, Community Leader, Business Woman and explorer character was never suggested by the Tiana from the film...it is all a stretch...and what other characters are next.
Put any of the Disney characters in off-model clothes and they are just attractive college kids in clothes...not the embodiment of the iconic characters we have all come to know and love...
Aladdin in a business suit? Belle in shorts and T-shirt? Prince Eric in a leisure suit?

LittleBuford

her story arc was simple and sweet... this Foods Factory, Community Leader, Business Woman and explorer character was never suggested by the Tiana from the film...it is all a stretch...
Her whole mission in the film is to establish her own food business, and while she may not have gone in search of it herself, she certainly ends up an adventurer in the bayou. I’m not sure how you can reduce all that to “simple and sweet”.

Aladdin in a business suit? Belle in shorts and T-shirt? Prince Eric in a leisure suit?
None of these analogies work, however, because these hypothetical outfits are wildly anachronistic, which Tiana’s isn’t.

Drdcm

Get ready for Cinderella's new look! She is opening a sustainable non-GMO birdseed company that will be employee owned as well....and has a sassy new wardrobe for meet and greets!
View attachment 728067
I don’t necessarily agree with you on all aspects of the re-theme, but I have to say this is my favorite post in a while. Credit is deserved for this one.

On a side note, I’m not thrilled about the outfit. I also don’t really care about it. That being said, there is no way I would know it was Tiana if it wasn’t explicitly spelled out for me. I might just be dumb though.

FigmentFan82

It can be a slippery slope for sure if you start kind of rebranding a known and iconic princess character without any real precedent for it. I do like the new look, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily the right choice for the character. If I'm remembering correctly, the upcoming Tiana D+ show is will not have anything to do with the story they created for the ride. Again, it's not the worst thing that the ride has it's own story unique to itself and fits somewhere within Tiana's timeline, but as many have stated, this Food company thing just doesn't really seem like a natural progression of the character based on what has come before. Just because it came from WDI doesn't mean it was the right choice.

FigmentFan82

Her whole mission in the film is to establish her own food business
Wanting to open your own restaurant is not the same as open a food business co-op. They are not the same. That's not to say her success and ambition didn't lead her to expand into new businesses and such, but there's really nothing from the film that suggests she wants anything more than an amazing restaurant of her own.
My wife puts the movie on a lot. I am familiar with it.

Bocabear

That is my point...her passion was cooking food and bringing people together through her food...and opening a restaurant to do just that. Now how she got into a commercial "Foods Factory" and salt mine is where it goes off the rails... It is anachronistically stretching the character's story. I have joked about a Snow White attraction should be all about her opening a retired miner's home, but that is the same sort of logic... She liked the 7 Dwarfs that were miners...so why wouldn't she turn that into a business? Why cant she be a strong modern business woman? It is ridiculous, but I think this character stretch is too. Have a fun Bayou adventure with the characters from the film and then pass by the Tiana's Palace restaurant in the last scene (like Blue Bayou in Disneyland) when you get off the ride you can go to the restaurant or the Beignet Cafe quick-serve. That would have been on-model and charming...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom