News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FigmentFan82

No, it’s not. But it’s less of a stretch then claiming that nothing in the film would lead us to think she’s an adventurous businesswoman.
And personally, I'm fine with all this stuff, it really doesn't move the needle too much for me in any one direction, but as others have pointed out, with the new story for the ride they've created, once you start pulling on some of the threads, the sweater pretty easily starts to come apart.

Bocabear

No, it’s not. But it’s less of a stretch then claiming that nothing in the film would lead us to think she’s an adventurous businesswoman.
is "less of a stretch" the measure of excellence that we are now reduced to? And as his pointed out, Wanting to open a restaurant for the joy and passion of cooking is a big leap from wanting to open a "Foods Factory" and salt mine... Re-adapting a charming story set in the 1920s through modern spectacles is not a great idea when it is still supposed to resemble the character in the movie....in my opinion....which of course doesn't matter... but for discussion's sake....

LittleBuford

is "less of a stretch" the measure of excellence that we are now reduced to? And as his pointed out, Wanting to open a restaurant for the joy and passion of cooking is a big leap from wanting to open a "Foods Factory" and salt mine... Re-adapting a charming story set in the 1920s through modern spectacles is not a great idea when it is still supposed to resemble the character in the movie....in my opinion....which of course doesn't matter... but for discussion's sake....
I myself have been critical of the coop concept, as my posts will attest. But that’s a very different matter from pretending that the the ride’s version of Tiana is a radical departure from how she’s portrayed in the film, where her desire to be a businesswoman receives far more attention than her identity as a princess. That’s the only point I’m making.

FigmentFan82

Also though, this is the first image that was released for the Tiana D+ show...
1688403350362.png

Take from this what you will

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

These discussions are super interesting, but the vast majority of guests don't think about this stuff, they just want to ride the ride.

There were even folks saying, "Too bad they are changing Splash to a restaurant."
The first ride of its kind, quite literally dinner and a show.

Also though, this is the first image that was released for the Tiana D+ show...
View attachment 728093
Take from this what you will
Tiana's face looks really off in this concept art and I can't figure out why.

Bocabear

It isn't the Titanic, unless the tv show goes back in time.
Well they seem to be ok with a fuzzy timeline...lol
Again she seems to be a little off-model...but I guess no one cares because they can sit their kids in front of the TV and have a half hour to use tik-tok...lol

Tha Realest

They’re going to have Tiana be an ageless Highlander where she is at the forefront of every movement and technological development in the early 20th Century.

Coming soon: Tiana’s Carousel of Progress.

Monkee Girl

It isn't the Titanic, unless the tv show goes back in time.
I mean...to be fair...the Titanic happened about 14 years prior to the story...if the movie is set in 1926 from what I'm reading...so technically Tiana was alive during the event...she just would have been like 10. and ages with the princesses is all speculation so...she can totally be like 11 in that photo haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom