News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

Ok I might not be remembering things correctly, so this ain’t a criticism or attack.

Didn’t Tiana save up money to buy a restaurant, but the real estate agents wouldn’t work with her? I assumed it was highlighting racism.

Again, it’s been a while, so could be misremembering.
pretty much...
I guess we are to believe her restaurant was so successful that she now had enough money to invest it into an employee owned business no longer having a restaurant but manufacturing reasonably priced, sustainable non-GMO and organic "foods"...

Drdcm

pretty much...
I guess we are to believe her restaurant was so successful that she now had enough money to invest it into an employee owned business no longer having a restaurant but manufacturing reasonably priced, sustainable non-GMO and organic "foods"...
Yeah I’m not a fan of the backstory. I haven’t yet decided on the tower.

MerlinTheGoat

Bah. I am beginning to wonder if they'll ever upgrade Big Thunder like the others around the world...it's a miracle we got Jungle Cruise updated.
No miracle about it, Jungle Cruise only received an update because they were in desperation mode trying to purge the perceived "problematic" elements of the attraction.

Big Thunder has little to nothing that would be found to be problematic. Perhaps someone might harp on the backstory a bit involving the Native American legends, but that would still be a pretty major stretch even for their absurdly obsessive committees (it's really just one small line of dialog on the riverboat as well).

I doubt WDW's Big Thunder will ever be updated at this point. The ride is in pretty horrible shape too and desperately needs a massive at least 1+ year overhaul. Nothing has moved in the flooded town scene for a few years now. Last i rode it, almost all of the bats were either static or missing, and the waterfall at the top of the first lift was broken. And yeah obviously the complete lack of anything in the third lift for well over a decade now. The ride has also become outright painful due to desperately needing a full track replacement. Something I believe every other version of the ride has already received over the past decade (at least California and Paris, not sure about Tokyo).

FettFan

No miracle about it, Jungle Cruise only received an update because they were in desperation mode trying to purge the perceived "problematic" elements of the attraction.

Big Thunder has little to nothing that would be found to be problematic. Perhaps someone might harp on the backstory a bit involving the Native American legends, but that would still be a pretty major stretch even for their absurdly obsessive committees (it's really just one small line of dialog on the riverboat as well).

I doubt WDW's Big Thunder will ever be updated at this point. The ride is in pretty horrible shape too and desperately needs a massive at least 1+ year overhaul. Nothing has moved in the flooded town scene for a few years now. Last i rode it, almost all of the bats were either static or missing, and the waterfall at the top of the first lift was broken. And yeah obviously the complete lack of anything in the third lift for well over a decade now. The ride has also become outright painful due to desperately needing a full track replacement. Something I believe every other version of the ride has already received over the past decade (at least California and Paris, not sure about Tokyo).

They’ll probably scrap “beyond big Thunder” and just make it a Coco-coaster.

Because why not at this point? Rip out all the original attractions and put in recognizable IP.

They’ll have an Animatronic Dwayne Johnson on the Jungle Cruise, throw in some of the coconut demons and an animatronic Te Fiti/Te Ka pop out of the center of the Enchanted Tiki Room.

And Space Mountain will become Star Wars Mountain with a nightly projector show. That is, after they cut the top spires off of it to be “less intimidating”.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Sticks out like a sore thumb right now but I think once they add a few trees it‘ll scale better and look a lot better. A few trees and some weathering and I think it’ll blend well.

It’s crazy to think of all the time and money they’ve spent trying to make this ride look smaller and less intimidating so it’ll appeal to kids who’ll likely be terrified by the drop. It looks better than I expected but I still can’t believe they approved this. A Princess ride that’s going to terrify kids, what could go wrong?
The last ride was about a cute hopping bunny.

This idea people are floating doesn't really hold up when you consider that the drop isn't changing, the height requirement isn't changing . . . they're clearly not actually aiming to entice a demographic of young riders that weren't riding before.

It seems so much more about establishing a new look for the exterior without having to undo all that expensive rockwork and introducing some foreshortening to minimize the mountain-ness of that rockwork to the end of making story sense in Louisiana. It's not about trying to lure children into riding who would otherwise have been scared by a more intimidating exterior.

The massive drop with screaming riders and height requirement are still gonna fend off kids who aren't ready.

SamusAranX

On topic, I am indifferent towards the water tower.

I will say this....for all the coverage it received, division amongst fans it induced, and the IP it is based on being a "hidden" gem among the Disney animation catalogue....this attraction needs to knock it out of the park

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

They were so quick to change Jungle Cruise and Splash for PR reasons while the Country Bears still sing about shooting little Beauford 😂

FettFan

A giant tiara breaks the historic theming of Frontierland.

Bring back talking and singing cartoon animals trying to find ways to kill and eat each other to restore the historicity of Frontierland!!

Better: singing frontiersmen trying to find ways to kill and eat each other.
but thats not the way it happened GIF by Leroy Patterson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom