News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

Looks quite nice though perhaps it needed a weathering pass. I get that it's a princess thing and we don't want it to look worn out and old either, but it could do with looking like it wasn't just made yesterday.

I also semi-expected the tiara to light up, even if it was just the sparkles, so I'm a bit surprised it seems like it doesn't.
As soon as the yeti gets fixed, they’re bringing the strobe over…

Weather_Lady

I have no problem with the words or sentiment; it's the look of the inscription I object to. It has the same stencil-generated-from-a-Word-printout aesthetic as the spice-cart inscriptions at the Morocco pavilion.
I agree! Why couldn't they have done this in a style and font that matched the theme (as was done with the front of the tower)? This is pure laziness.

LittleBuford

Those don’t look original to me. The second one is fine, but the first suffers from the “Word stencil” issue.
@Sir_Cliff, I found an old walk-through video that shows the same text as in the photograph you shared, so it must be original:

While I don't love the way it looks, I prefer it to the quotation on the water tower for two reasons. First, I don't think it's meant to be understood as diegetic; it ties into the ride but doesn't pretend to be part of the characters' own world, whereas the water-tower text is masquerading (unconvincingly) as something within the story of the ride itself. Second, it's smaller in scale and relegated to the queue, which means I don't hold it to the same thematic standard as something inscribed on the ride's new centrepiece.

Tha Realest

I agree! Why couldn't they have done this in a style and font that matched the theme (as was done with the front of the tower)? This is pure laziness.
I know it’s from the film, but it’s a trite statement that looks like something that will soon be on some Etsy Disney shop (and sadly with a more creative design than the ones offered by Disney proper)

matt9112

This is correct.

However, the same issue existed with Splash as well - the deep south is a far cry from the old west. We just didn't care because we grew up with it that way. If all goes as I think it will, the ride will fit its surroundings much better in the near future.

Believing disney will build something based off what they say is not a wise bet. I still can’t find my elevated Epcot bar.

Epcot82Guy

I'm sorry, but that tiara is even worse in person. I'm not against the inclusion of the style or the idea. Incorporating the tiara into a period-appropriate logo for Tiana's Foods would have been fine. Putting a garish tiara on top of a water tower in a modern metal in rural Louisiana is just stupid. (Let alone the idea that an employee-owned co-op paid for a garish symbol of aristocracy - if we are going to dig into the real meaning.) I get not taking things too seriously, and I'm all for that. But, they are choosing to take this very seriously, and that is a very stupid (if not problematic addition).

I thought Tiana was meant to be celebrated for her culinary skills and business mind - not being a princess who used her husband's money to build a company...

Drdcm

Any idea if the metal is the kind that is intended oxidize and look weathered?

That might help with the aesthetics. In the model, it looks more brown.

Ayla

I'm sorry, but that tiara is even worse in person. I'm not against the inclusion of the style or the idea. Incorporating the tiara into a period-appropriate logo for Tiana's Foods would have been fine. Putting a garish tiara on top of a water tower in a modern metal in rural Louisiana is just stupid. (Let alone the idea that an employee-owned co-op paid for a garish symbol of aristocracy - if we are going to dig into the real meaning.) I get not taking things too seriously, and I'm all for that. But, they are choosing to take this very seriously, and that is a very stupid (if not problematic addition).

I thought Tiana was meant to be celebrated for her culinary skills and business mind - not being a princess who used her husband's money to build a company...
Have you seen it in person today?

Incomudro

I get that and agree from a ride experience perspective.... But also seen a lot of chatter about how no mountains in Louisiana so then making the hill look lower makes sense thematically
I don't believe that level of geographic accuracy is necessary in a park like Magic Kingdom.
The effect of what they did here lessens everything about what made the exterior theme of the ride work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom