News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

If you look close, it is already pre-weathered.
And looks pretty awful from any standpoint... Unless they are building a whole section of the "Foods factory" building visible from the front of the attraction, there is no reason to have a water tower sitting out front... A water tower in front of a salt mountain... Does this mean there will be interior show sets and scenes inside the "Foods Factory"? What kind of generic "Foods" does she manufacture?
Will she be offering her employee/partners paid medical and dental and maternity leave? What is the profit share margin and to what states does she ship her "Foods" to? See once they open the door with that ridiculous storyline from 2023 perspective, tacked onto a storyline set in 1920, it opens the door to more questions... I hope these "foods" are all organic....

FettFan

It looks like the Frostop mug.
220px-Frostop_Mug_Back_Up_Feb_2012_Rotates.jpg

Uptown New Orleans by Claiborne.
Recently notable for Bryan Cranston filming ‘Your Honor’ there.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but that tiara is even worse in person. I'm not against the inclusion of the style or the idea. Incorporating the tiara into a period-appropriate logo for Tiana's Foods would have been fine. Putting a garish tiara on top of a water tower in a modern metal in rural Louisiana is just stupid. (Let alone the idea that an employee-owned co-op paid for a garish symbol of aristocracy - if we are going to dig into the real meaning.) I get not taking things too seriously, and I'm all for that. But, they are choosing to take this very seriously, and that is a very stupid (if not problematic addition).

I thought Tiana was meant to be celebrated for her culinary skills and business mind - not being a princess who used her husband's money to build a company...
But it fits so well in Frontierland 👀

Vegas Disney Fan

Sticks out like a sore thumb right now but I think once they add a few trees it‘ll scale better and look a lot better. A few trees and some weathering and I think it’ll blend well.

It’s crazy to think of all the time and money they’ve spent trying to make this ride look smaller and less intimidating so it’ll appeal to kids who’ll likely be terrified by the drop. It looks better than I expected but I still can’t believe they approved this. A Princess ride that’s going to terrify kids, what could go wrong?

Incomudro

If you look close, it is already pre-weathered.
And looks pretty awful from any standpoint... Unless they are building a whole section of the "Foods factory" building visible from the front of the attraction, there is no reason to have a water tower sitting out front... A water tower in front of a salt mountain... Does this mean there will be interior show sets and scenes inside the "Foods Factory"? What kind of generic "Foods" does she manufacture?
Will she be offering her employee/partners paid medical and dental and maternity leave? What is the profit share margin and to what states does she ship her "Foods" to? See once they open the door with that ridiculous storyline from 2023 perspective, tacked onto a storyline set in 1920, it opens the door to more questions... I hope these "foods" are all organic....
Organic, and sustainably sourced!
If Tiana isn't utilizing all of the 2020's required virtuous methodology and terms in the 1920's I object to this ride!
I'd better see locally grown!
If not, I'd better see fair trade!
Are her employees unionized?
I want all of this indicated in the queue.

Incomudro

Sticks out like a sore thumb right now but I think once they add a few trees it‘ll scale better and look a lot better. A few trees and some weathering and I think it’ll blend well.

It’s crazy to think of all the time and money they’ve spent trying to make this ride look smaller and less intimidating so it’ll appeal to kids who’ll likely be terrified by the drop. It looks better than I expected but I still can’t believe they approved this. A Princess ride that’s going to terrify kids, what could go wrong?
I don't get the approach of hiding the drop if this is indeed what they are trying to do?
Wouldn't the reaction from kids and their parents be worse if they were lured into a thrill that was downplayed?

dreday3

I don't get the approach of hiding the drop if this is indeed what they are trying to do?
Wouldn't the reaction from kids and their parents be worse if they were lured into a thrill that was downplayed?

Has Disney ever come out and said that's the reason or is that an internet thing? I thought it was to make it look less "mountainy" to fit in with the geographical location of the new ride.

Disstevefan1

As for ridership, it will be MOBBED when it reopens because its new, and after a while will be just as popular as Splash was because no matter what the theme, this is a fun floom ride.

ToTBellHop

As for ridership, it will be MOBBED when it reopens because its new, and after a while will be just as popular as Splash was because no matter what the theme, this is a fun floom ride.
Exactly, and Disney will have merely dropped a few hundred million dollars to have a couple rides be as popular as they always were.

The only real upshot here, for me, as that the ride was in DESPERATE need of a refurbishment and all of that work is included here. So it should be in great shape when it reopens.

I hope they keep it that way so we can still enjoy it 10 years from now. It's shameful how Splash looked in its final years.

JohnD

Regarding ridership, that will depend on the music and theming. Splash was meant to be a happy frolic flume ride with catchy music and crazy audio. From what we're seeing so far about Tiana, I'm not optimistic.

Vegas Disney Fan

Exactly, and Disney will have merely dropped a few hundred million dollars to have a couple rides be as popular as they always were.

The only real upshot here, for me, as that the ride was in DESPERATE need of a refurbishment and all of that work is included here. So it should be in great shape when it reopens.

I hope they keep it that way so we can still enjoy it 10 years from now.
It’s the DCA approach, take something that everyone already loves and spend boatloads of money changing it to something that will be equally as popular, and that’s less cohesive to the parks overall theme, purely for the sake of changing it, all while ignoring the glaring issues in the park that should be fixed but you don’t have the budget to do.

ToTBellHop

It’s the DCA approach, take something that everyone already loves and spend boatloads of money changing it to something that will be equally as popular, and that’s less cohesive to the parks overall theme, purely for the sake of changing it, all while ignoring the glaring issues in the park that should be fixed but you don’t have the budget to do.
Bah. I am beginning to wonder if they'll ever upgrade Big Thunder like the others around the world...it's a miracle we got Jungle Cruise updated.

Drdcm

And Tiana was?
Ok I might not be remembering things correctly, so this isn’t a criticism or attack.

Didn’t Tiana save up money to buy a restaurant, but the real estate agents wouldn’t work with her? I assumed it was highlighting racism.

Again, it’s been a while, so could be misremembering.

ToTBellHop

Ok I might not be remembering things correctly, so this ain’t a criticism or attack.

Didn’t Tiana save up money to buy a restaurant, but the real estate agents wouldn’t work with her? I assumed it was highlighting racism.

Again, it’s been a while, so could be misremembering.
She was just outbid as far as I remember. Apparently the restaurant market in 1920s New Orleans was as hot as the housing market nationwide in 2022...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom