News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

It really is so sad to see them treat arguably one of their best animated films in such a horrendous manner.
The designers have gone out of their way to craft a story fully separate and apart from the animated film. This is not the Tiana you’ve come to know- she’s better! if you like the animated film, it will always be there, with its iconic villain and timeless songs. This is an updated Tiana for more modern sensibilities.

yensidtlaw1969

Yawn. It's still an ugly addition to the ride and no matter how hard you try to make it look right, you just end up with egg on your face. I'm bored with you now. Have a good day bending over backwards to defend this mediocrity. Just like when it comes to music, you can't argue with people who have bland taste and are easily amused
Before you go I'd appreciate you showing me where I said I liked it . . . because I didn't.

Feel free to leave if you're just gonna keep making up things to be mad at.

PS: Imagineering just confirmed the stars represent Ray and Evangeline. What was that about egg on your face? 🤔:

splah

If the inside of the ride is joyful and whimsical, why are we stuck in this harsh reality theme outside? it just feels soulless and forced.

yensidtlaw1969

The tiara really wrecks it…. Probably also wrecks some thematic components of the area more generally.

In fairness, it's not exactly out of character for the woman who redecorated an old sugar mill to look like a Riverboat. A Tiara on the water tower fits pretty squarely in Tiana's known sensibilities, whether we like how it looks or not:

1687873274154.png

neo999955

In the Parks
No
In fairness, it's not exactly out of character for the woman who redecorated an old sugar mill to look like a Riverboat. A Tiara on the water tower fits pretty squarely in Tiana's known sensibilities, whether we like how it looks or not:

View attachment 726762
I get people don't love it, but it does seem pretty hard to say this is doesn't make any sense. I think it looks fine, I do hope they add some lights to make it stand out a bit more.

dreday3

I get people don't love it, but it does seem pretty hard to say this is doesn't make any sense. I think it looks fine, I do hope they add some lights to make it stand out a bit more.

I'm not saying it's all women/girls, but it's not out of the norm for a girl to add something sparkly to something industrial/boring. I can totally see Tiana topping it with a tiara. She bejeweled it! :D

LittleBuford

View attachment 726762
It’s also worth noting that Tiana is shown wearing a tiara (albeit of simpler design) inside the restaurant:

maxresdefault.jpg

gallery_princess_tiana_3_56637de5_f383c2a7.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of this just because I don't think it goes with the mountain, but I'm also not upset at Splash changing, so I'm not the super jaded fan a lot here are. But, I really do struggle with this tiara. I've read the backstory (we will see how it executes), and I do understand they have basically nuked the theme of the entire area, but usually even if the ride theme doesn't fit an area, the main focal piece will adhere to the ride theme.
Yes, I'm at peace with the ride changing and don't hate the water tower as such. It's just the tiara and little sparkles that I don't love, even if there is a story-based logic for them.

I'm also not someone who thinks the time and place of the ride is particularly jarring for its location. I do feel, though, that externally everything should more or less look like a credible cohesive whole. I put it in the same basket as the upcoming Coco-themed restaurant in Frontierland, Disneyland Paris. While it's out of time and place, putting a restaurant themed to a more contemporary Mexico-based IP in place of an existing tex-mex themed restaurant doesn't seem totally out of line for a Disney theme park. I just wish the sign looked like it actually belonged in Frontierland from the outside, rather than this:

1687874199053.png

I know it's focussing on small details, but that's kind of why many of us became fans of Disney parks in the first place.

yensidtlaw1969

It’s also worth noting that Tiana is shown wearing a tiara (albeit of simpler design) inside the restaurant:

maxresdefault.jpg

gallery_princess_tiana_3_56637de5_f383c2a7.jpeg
Notice also the Lily Pads and Lotuses throughout the architectural elements - even in the wrought iron railings. A lotus-shaped wrought iron Tiara to jazz up an existing piece of infrastructure seems pretty consistent with how the character would do things.

Sir_Cliff

Blog Mickey has some photos up that show it in greater detail:

This gives a better sense, I think, of how it looks in perspective. Thankfully, not too overpowering and, honestly, I think the tower itself looks fine if you can just airbrush out the tiara. Sometimes less is more!

1687874584076.png

the_rich

Blog Mickey has some photos up that show it in greater detail:

This gives a better sense, I think, of how it looks in perspective. Thankfully, not too overpowering and, honestly, I think the tower itself looks fine if you can just airbrush out the tiara. Sometimes less is more!

View attachment 726766
Yea, I actually like it. Too bad you can only have one opinion here otherwise you're deemed a pixie duster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom