News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Concept is simple...stick to the storyline from the source material...no one wants or needs to know what happens after "Happily Ever After"...It is not necessary, and muddles the characters...no one wants to see a 48 year old Cinderella or a 60 year old Snow White that now owns a chain of apple pie bakeries...even with a water tower. lol
How dare we question Disney’s creativity in 2023. Oh wait

JD80

Concept is simple...stick to the storyline from the source material...no one wants or needs to know what happens after "Happily Ever After"...It is not necessary, and muddles the characters...no one wants to see a 48 year old Cinderella or a 60 year old Snow White that now owns a chain of apple pie bakeries...even with a water tower. lol

Take a deep breath friend.

yensidtlaw1969

Show me where the sparkles represent Ray, that sounds like some mediocre teenage fan fiction

You're kidding, right?

Here's a still from Ray's funeral scene in the movie, where a new star joins Evangeline in the sky, representing Ray. The offset pair of stars is a motif that has been repeatedly used in PatF media:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 9.05.23 AM.png

If you're gonna get this worked up about the ride you might wanna watch the movie it's based on first.

Musical Mermaid

A tiara on a water tower... looks tacky.
Seriously, who thinks this stuff up? I thought they were trying to downplay the "she's a princess" thing to be more inclusive, but apparently Tiana needs a gimmick to advertise her food. In the film, she doesn't strike me as the type who would be flaunting her royalty like this, but modern Disney is lacking in creativity.

donaldtoo

The whole thing is terrible...especially the "Tiana's Foods" logo. Whoever dreamed up this backstory for the ride should have been sacked.
It sounds unimaginative and joyless. No one wants to visit an "Employee Owned Foods Factory" ride. Visiting her beautiful dream restaurant after the ride would have been a must-do, but this corporatization twist in the storyline for the ride makes no sense and really ruins the simple sweetness of the story and characters. Maybe it will be like Tokyo Disney Sea's Sinbad attraction...and after a year, they will go back and make it a sweet magical adventure without the contorted food factory storyline.
I can't wait for Cinderella's Employee Owned Shoe Factory & Sweatshop ride!

:hilarious:
Yea, I posted a while back that “Tiana’s Foods” sounds like a generic grocery store…!!! :cyclops:

LSLS

Theme? There’s a theme? lol
Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of this just because I don't think it goes with the mountain, but I'm also not upset at Splash changing, so I'm not the super jaded fan a lot here are. But, I really do struggle with this tiara. I've read the backstory (we will see how it executes), and I do understand they have basically nuked the theme of the entire area, but usually even if the ride theme doesn't fit an area, the main focal piece will adhere to the ride theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom