News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FettFan

This is a ot, but I had no idea there was a restaurant to go with Ratatouille in Paris. I did think it was odd they didn't open Gusteau's with it. Is the one in Paris nice?

Back on topic, I do feel re-theming Pecos Bills and small surrounding area would be better for making everything feel more seamless, but there's no doubt the loss of capacity would be unfortunate. Maybe they try to keep it to a 4-6 month refurb next year? Could they pull that off?

Hire Gordon Ramsay’s team and they’ll have it done in 24 hours.

24HRS_KA_Vert_V7_F1_lores11-385x570.jpg

Added bonus, we’d get to hear Ramsay call D’Amaro a Donkey to his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Cliff

This is a ot, but I had no idea there was a restaurant to go with Ratatouille in Paris. I did think it was odd they didn't open Gusteau's with it. Is the one in Paris nice?
It's decent, though overpriced. The Paris park in general still has sub-standard dining options (for Disney in general and especially for Paris).
Yes, I would agree that it is not the greatest Disney park restaurant but the food is decent. It is usually the most difficult to get reservations for in Paris, though.

The theme ties in with the last scene of the ride in terms of a restaurant set up by the rats themselves rather than Gusteau's, and you look in as you exit the ride:

1687820352605.png

Back on topic, I personally think the Pecos Bill area is so far from TBA and so close to Frontierland (to paraphrase Mexican dictator Porfirio Díaz) to really help easing a transition without being a little jarring in the overall context of Frontierland. The only reason I would think they would put it there rather than add a new restaurant is that it's the only space they have.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Back on topic, I personally think the Pecos Bill area is so far from TBA and so close to Frontierland (to paraphrase Mexican dictator Porfirio Díaz) to really help easing a transition without being a little jarring in the overall context of Frontierland. The only reason I would think they would put it there rather than add a new restaurant is that it's the only space they have.
Weirdly, I think it might actually make more sense? I don’t think the shooting gallery and Diamond Horseshoe are explicitly placed, meaning they could easily be situated in either the original Louisiana Purchase frontier or the far west. Everything that has been given a more direct tie to a specific state actually now follows a geographic throughline from the northeast down the Mississippi. You start in upstate New York at the Haunted Mansion, make your way past Pennsylvania at the Hall of Presidents, visit Tennessee at the Country Bear Jamboree while glimpsing Missouri across the river at Harper’s Mill, pass through the port in Louisiana between a hypothetical Tiana’s Place and Bayou Adventure, and enter the Gulf where you site the Pirates of the Caribbean. Going farther west from Louisiana instead of through the port takes you southwest to Big Thunder Mountain, and eventually onward to Mexico and Colombia.

Basically, potentially moving the southwestern restaurant closer to Big Thunder ultimately makes more sense than the current arrangement. What is more problematic than the geography is the time period of Bayou Adventure and whether or not it fits in the frontier.

RSoxNo1

Tokyo may be open to a retheme... but not with PatF.

Tokyo very much has wanted lots of Disney IP historically. But they may be picky which IP they get.

If TBA is done very well and becomes successful, Tokyo may change their mind. I don't know how attached they may be to Southern critters as an IP.

Anyhoo, if there is leverage Disney may have with OLC, it's if they create an attraction in the domestic parks that OLC wants very much. And they can have it... for a price.
Exactly, Tokyo isn't forced to rush on this. They can take a wait and see approach. They're building quite a bit over there already, so it's not like those parks will be starved for new additions.

Bocabear

Pecos Bill could be changed over to a New Orleans theme restaurant making just that building the transition point to Louisiana...The more difficult thing is the transition back to the western Thunder Mesa area... Unless they expanded the park behind BTMRR and had the western town back there, then allow the riverfront from Golden Horseshoe to Pecos Bill become New Orleans focused... The only problem would be what to do about Country Bear Jamboree... Either repurpose the theater with a new cast of characters and build a new Country Bear Jamboree in the expansion Thunder Mesa area, or just ignore the jumbled theme... It is not like every aspect of the park makes sense...when Aladdin's Flying Carpets were added to Adventureland which was clearly set in a tropical jungle, few had anything to say about it and no one even thinks about it anymore...So I don't think accuracy of theme has been the guiding principal here...lol

PREMiERdrum

It scales better than I thought it would. I'd say it normalizes the height of the mountain more than it minimizes it. Giving another visual target to spread the horizontal visual load of the broader structure helps enforce the idea that this is a "place," not just a lift and drop.

Even the tiara - which I wasn't sure of - doesn't bother me at this scale. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a bit of whimsy from a gal who survived an ordeal in the swamp as a frog only to be promoted to an actual princess *and* successful restauranteur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom