News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney tried to make Tokyo retheme but Tokyo told them to "Go pound sand"
Tokyo may be open to a retheme... but not with PatF.

Tokyo very much has wanted lots of Disney IP historically. But they may be picky which IP they get.

If TBA is done very well and becomes successful, Tokyo may change their mind. I don't know how attached they may be to Southern critters as an IP.

Anyhoo, if there is leverage Disney may have with OLC, it's if they create an attraction in the domestic parks that OLC wants very much. And they can have it... for a price.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
IMG_2765.png

Damn, I messed up. We gotta go bald

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

From what I understand, the Brer characters are very popular at TDL and are big merch pushers (there's also a popular restaurant connected to the ride too). I don't think Princess and the Frog is all that popular there by comparison.
TokyoLouieDecalPrincessandtheFrog2.jpg

This being the sole PatF-related thing in TDL in the 13 years since the film came out says a lot.

Song of the South itself is also widely available on home video in Japan due to a 2006 court ruling declaring all movies made prior to 1953 being public domain. So there were ample unofficial DVD's and even blu-rays available to the public. Albeit not endorsed and released by Disney itself.
This interests me a lot, would Japan legally be able to make counterfeit projects featuring the Br'ers and other characters from before that magic number?

FettFan

If TBA is done very well and becomes successful, Tokyo may change their mind. I don't know how attached they may be to Southern critters as an IP.

Not about “southern critters”…. the Japanese people simply love rabbits.

So a ride about a wily rabbit who constantly tricks a bear and a fox has a lot more staying power.

JoeCamel

Not about “southern critters”…. the Japanese people simply love rabbits.

So a ride about a wily rabbit who constantly tricks a bear and a fox has a lot more staying power.
I think they also know they got the first string of designers for their money and are hesitant to replace the things they thought were #1 attraction with "new and shiny" just to drive merch sales and bury an unpleasant past. Bunnies are cute too.....

JoeCamel

How specific.
I guess the electricians run the wiring and a special company terminates it? I would have thought both by one vendor but maybe a separate inspection? That does not sit right either., maybe there is a "special" (proprietary) termination they are using but I would hope they stay with standards that can be serviced and repaired with off the shelf parts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How specific.
I guess the electricians run the wiring and a special company terminates it? I would have thought both by one vendor but maybe a separate inspection? That does not sit right either., maybe there is a "special" (proprietary) termination they are using but I would hope they stay with standards that can be serviced and repaired with off the shelf parts.

The contractor is Pro Sound and Video, so these are A/V connections. It's possible that another contractor pulled the wiring and Pro Sound is just doing the terminations.

MerlinTheGoat

One of the Jack Sparrow animatronics replaced the frightened woman in the barrel.
I know, the barrel was changed because it was a movie alteration they copied from DL/WDW. It wasn't changed because OLC deemed it problematic, hence why the auction and even turntables remain unaltered from opening day. Had DL/WDW changed the barrel figure to a generic male pirate figure and not Jack, it's a safe bet that OLC wouldn't have changed it either.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I know, the barrel was changed because it was a movie alteration they copied from DL/WDW. It wasn't changed because OLC deemed it problematic, hence why the auction and even turntables remain unaltered from opening day. Had DL/WDW changed the barrel figure to a generic male pirate figure and not Jack, it's a safe bet that OLC wouldn't have changed it either.
Honestly they should get rid of the auction scene, not because it's bad but because Redd is objectively better than what was originally there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom