News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FettFan

You think the newer animatronic would look out of place next to the old ones?

It’s like this though, when they created the new bride for the Haunted Mansion, Kat Cressida went in and recorded her lines, but the sound engineers did some mixing to the dialogue so that the audio would blend with all the other speaking roles in the ride (that is, the Ghost Host and Madame Leota).
According to Cressida, the goal was to make this incarnation of the Bride sound as if she was original from 1971.

Even the PotC movie dialogue added in 2006 (Geoffrey Rush, Johnny Depp, and Bill Nighy) was blended well with the existing audio. I’m guessing it was the same audio engineering team for both projects

They didn’t do the same thing for the new Auctioneer or Redd dialogue in PotC. The new auction dialogue is simply too clean, too crisp…and it’s audibly jarring

BasiltheBatLord

Japan also has way fewer Black people, so there would naturally be less people objecting to the stereotypes of African Americans featured in the movie. I also wonder if some of the minstrel-like accents featured in the film aren't present in Japanese dubs.
I can't comment on the film as I haven't seen the Japanese dub, but the characters in Splash Mountain at TDL use somewhat archaic/old-timey Japanese to try to replicate the southern, down-home style dialect.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I can't comment on the film as I haven't seen the Japanese dub, but the characters in Splash Mountain at TDL use somewhat archaic/old-timey Japanese to try to replicate the southern, down-home style dialect.

Here's part of the Laughin' Place segment in Japanese. Something I find slightly amusing is that certain sound effects (i.e screaming, laughing, gulping, etc.) are left completely untouched. I know for a fact James Avery's Br'er Bear laugh is kept the same in Tokyo's SM.

Brer Panther

I think you can still hear Jess Harnell's Brer Rabbit in the Laughin' Place scene (during the part with the frogs and turtles, they use the same English version of "Everybody's Got a Laughin' Place" that the Disney World version had in its Laughin' Place).

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

Here's part of the Laughin' Place segment in Japanese. Something I find slightly amusing is that certain sound effects (i.e screaming, laughing, gulping, etc.) are left completely untouched. I know for a fact James Avery's Br'er Bear laugh is kept the same in Tokyo's SM.

I believe the cast of the Japanese SoTS dub was actually the cast for TDL Splash

Sir_Cliff

Personally, I don't mind getting Disneyland updates as well in this thread, but I understand it might be a off-topic.

One thing that strikes me looking at the Tiana's Palace construction underway at Disneyland is that if any of the proposals people have mentioned about re-theming Pecos Bill's, etc. are going to happen, they had really better get moving. I would prefer they leave that section of Frontierland alone so the lack of movement gives me a little hope, but it does surprise me that they're not tying a restaurant to this new ride all about food. Then again, they just built the Ratatouille ride without the attached restaurant from Paris.

Stupido

Yeah, I think it’s a little odd that they’re so radio silent on the Pecos retheme in Orlando. If they’re looking to open TBA in 2024, they’re running out of time to get started on it. Our group agreed on a September 2025 trip for Tiana, just in case she gets pushed back at all.

erasure fan1

Yeah, I think it’s a little odd that they’re so radio silent on the Pecos retheme in Orlando. If they’re looking to open TBA in 2024, they’re running out of time to get started on it. Our group agreed on a September 2025 trip for Tiana, just in case she gets pushed back at all.
Sure it's odd, but it's not odd for Disney at all. How long was toy story land open before the restaurant? Or galaxys edge, or Ratatouille like has been mentioned with nothing? Who knows what their rational is most of the time. It sure isn't motivated by what the guests want.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, if they’re both going to retheme it and are serious about Beyond Big Thunder, I think they should wait until they have a much better Mexican option near the Coco attraction and then close Pecos Bill in order to have minimal impact on dining capacity.

That's true, they don't have to do it all at once. ... though I hope they at least put up a beignet stand if they are going to be pushing the smell of them through the queue

But makes sense to just get the ride updated, then when (if) they do additions in the future they can come back and do a bigger update to that area of Frontierland

UNCgolf

The problem with closing Pecos Bill for any extended period of time is the lost dining capacity, and unlike the major refurb the restaurant had in the 90s, there's no Adventureland Veranda to reopen instead.

Really, they should be adding to MK's dining capacity, not just doing a retheme.

They could re-open Tomorrowland Terrace full-time. On the other side of the park, though.

Tha Realest

Maybe their grand plans have crashed against the cold, hard reality of P&R spending cuts given attendance projections and economic conditions

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Personally, I don't mind getting Disneyland updates as well in this thread, but I understand it might be a off-topic.

One thing that strikes me looking at the Tiana's Palace construction underway at Disneyland is that if any of the proposals people have mentioned about re-theming Pecos Bill's, etc. are going to happen, they had really better get moving. I would prefer they leave that section of Frontierland alone so the lack of movement gives me a little hope, but it does surprise me that they're not tying a restaurant to this new ride all about food. Then again, they just built the Ratatouille ride without the attached restaurant from Paris.
This is a ot, but I had no idea there was a restaurant to go with Ratatouille in Paris. I did think it was odd they didn't open Gusteau's with it. Is the one in Paris nice?

Back on topic, I do feel re-theming Pecos Bills and small surrounding area would be better for making everything feel more seamless, but there's no doubt the loss of capacity would be unfortunate. Maybe they try to keep it to a 4-6 month refurb next year? Could they pull that off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom