News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Splash4eva

I would've axed Tom Sawyer entirely and had a Tiana thing there.

Most of the people visiting the parks likely had zero idea what Song of the South was, I mean for a long time I thought the Br'er critters were created specifically for the park.

Despite how awkward and unfitting it is, I think everyone here knows why PatF was chosen for a retheme.
Would have been epic if done right & that was my point earlier in regards to using Tiana here. Its more insulting than anything imo. Yes honestly for a long time i had no idea those characters were from a movie and most of your average guests didnt either & still didnt even after all the “outrage”

bmr1591

Wouldn’t it have been easier and cheaper to just temporarily move some Imagineers there?

Maybe they could take over the space of the businesses they displaced during the making of The Haunted Mansion?

As someone who flies out of New Orleans to Orlando, I’ve gotten round trip flights under $40 through Spirit.

yensidtlaw1969

Build a new ride/land/attraction based on Tiana and its a win win for everyone…
Once again, this completely forgets that Objective #1 here was to remove the Song of the South property from the park.

Even if Disney had built a brand new Tiana ride next door, it would not have spared Splash Mountain from closing. Those characters were leaving regardless of who replaced them.

Splash4eva

Once again, this completely forgets that Objective #1 here was to remove the Song of the South property from the park.

Even if Disney had built a brand new Tiana ride next door, it would not have spared Splash Mountain from closing. Those characters were leaving regardless of who replaced them.
Objective #1 was flawed and could have easily been cancelled and had little to no backlash in doing so especially w the PR spins Disney loves to put on things....

last i checked Disney did not eliminate Splash overseas so in theory the company is still tied to the IP.... people just choose to ignore that fact along with other convenient facts the company and who they are in bed with.....

TheMaxRebo

Objective #1 was flawed and could have easily been cancelled and had little to no backlash in doing so especially w the PR spins Disney loves to put on things....

last i checked Disney did not eliminate Splash overseas so in theory the company is still tied to the IP.... people just choose to ignore that fact along with other convenient facts the company and who they are in bed with.....

but they don't control what happens to the Japan parks, they don't run them ... unless you expect them to threaten to pull the contract if the OLC doesn't change it as well or something

and based on actions with other rides (Pirates, Jungle Cruise) this is something they are taking seriously and some people are quite happy about it and others disagree, but this isn't the only action along these lines they have taken

Dranth

Doesn't matter if it was flawed, all that maters is that Disney wanted to remove Splash. Right or wrong, it was their decision to make.

Also, the only reason Splash still exists overseas is Disney can't tell Japan to change a ride. They don't have that power as they don't own those parks. If they did, it would be gone also.

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah this is not the thread for any of that.

TheMaxRebo

The contract probably has a clause that doesn't allow Disney to unilaterally cancel the contract. If OLC signed a contract that allowed that, well, that would be egregiously stupid on their part.
oh, I am sure - just trying to think of something Disney could do to put pressure on the OLC to get them to change Splash. Only thing I could think of is put that over them as a potential threat, but rather far fetched so likely nothing realistic they could do

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

Disney tried to make Tokyo retheme but Tokyo told them to "Go pound sand"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom