News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
While there’s merit to that, Disney would need an artist who is marketable to this generation. I can’t think of a millenial/ Gen Z rock act that really would garner the kind of attention and hype that Swift would bring. Maaaaybeeee Blink 182?
Why don’t they just use multiple artists like they do on Guardians. It can be a generic rock n roller coaster doesn’t have to be focused on one band

Incomudro

While I’m sure that is part of the goal, it’s most likely also to address the simple fact that there is nothing this high in a “bayou”(New Orleans)
Is that level of realism really that important to guests for a ride like this?
This isn't Animal Kingdom, where things should be closer to factually based.

DisneyHead123

For the most part yes, but again, the money would literally print itself if Disney got Swift. That tour literally had resales in the thousands. So the fans would definitely cough up 140 plus a 20 dollar lightning lane to get on that ride
At the moment, yes, but most Disney rides stick around for a few decades minimum. Who knows what the music scene will look like in 10 or 20 years (plus time it would take to build the ride - many years minimum right there.) Not to mention, if a celebrity has a public scandal or meltdown then that leaves them in an awkward position. I think Disney will keep everything in house from now on - again, the most we might see is new rides meant as inspiration for future movies vs. new movies as the source material for new rides. I’m ok with that actually, I feel like Disney is a self contained universe and while I like Taylor Swift, too many pop culture references are a reminder of daily life.

TheMaxRebo

As someone who likes some Blink 182, just no. If they wanted to make it a 'must do' for Milennials and Gen Z, it's Swift.
If you want to do biggest star in the world type then it would be someone like Bad Bunny, but I don't see that happening

No even sure who is a big current Rock band ... Imagine Dragons?

Honestly is they did do a rethemed but kept to the rock band concept best might be to make it that you are trying to get to a festival and it isn't one band but different bands that you could get a song for (guess would be similar to how Guardians is now)

FettFan

Also, aside from the budget engineering (barely have to touch the facade aside from removing Aerosmith references) why even re-theme RNRC to music at all?

With Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy next door, they could go all in with the Pixar and turn it into the scrapped Monsters Inc Door Coaster or an east coast version of the Incrediciaster.

DisneyHead123

Also, aside from the budget engineering (barely have to touch the facade aside from removing Aerosmith references) why even re-theme RNRC to music at all?

With Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy next door, they could go all in with the Pixar and turn it into the scrapped Monsters Inc Door Coaster or an east coast version of the Incrediciaster.
I was going to protest “But those aren’t Hollywood themed!”, but after a second’s reflection realized that ship has sailed, lol.

Smiley/OCD

"So what should our tower look like?"
"Well it's in Frontierland so it should look rustic..."
"Ok"
"And it should say something about Tiana"
"Alright can do"
"Oh and a crown! Put a crown on it!"
"...a crown?"
"Do you know how fireable you are design intern 137?"
"I mean...a tiara sounds great! First thing tommorow!"

Either that or Carmen yelling "But it's Myyyyyyy ride and I want a crown noooowwww" like a 5 year old at Walmart
No, like Veruca SALT (no pun intended) in Willy Wonka…

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Except your blood pressure from consuming all that salt…
I know a good Dr. who can help with that....
maxresdefault.jpg

TheMaxRebo

Who even are these bands?

Bab Bunny is basically the biggest music star in the world and the most downloaded - he has 70.5m followers on spotify and 66.3billion total views on YouTube

Imagine Dragons has sold 46million albums worldwide and Billboard named them as the 29th Greatest Adult Alternative artist of all time as well as the 13th Top Artist of 2010s in the United States. Probably most known for the song "Believer" which has been certified diamond by the RIAA

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Y’all will probably riot when I say this but if RNRC is rethemed, it should be…Taylor Swift. She’s truly this generations “artist”. I’m no swiftie but I don’t mind some of her music either. I can guarantee the mobs of Gen Z that will descend on HS will please Disney
It really should be Olivia Rodrigo. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

SamusAranX

It really should be Olivia Rodrigo. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
Taste aside, I guess the question is Olivia as influential and popular as Swift, and will she become a timeless artist or a product of her time

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I like Olivia, but she's a new artist with one album (even with the second coming soon). If they were to pick just one artist to re-theme, betting on someone so young would be insane.

Taylor makes a lot of sense, her popularity is established and will not fade for decades. Likewise, someone like Gaga (who has a wider mix of more adrenaline fueled songs and would be my pick), Beyonce, or Rihanna make sense. If they wanted to stick closer to rock I'd pick Queen as there is unlikely to be more controversy coming there and they're legends with songs that will continue to stand the test of time.

Bad Bunny would be an exciting pick, but I can't imagine Disney picking an artist whose songs aren't predominately in English.

I do think a few artists would be a smart choice too - but mostly I think they'll scrap it and go with something Disney themed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom