News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MagicHappens1971

Saw these on Facebook. Looks like Splash ride vehicles being hauled off

IMG_0759.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

DCBaker

Premium Member
It's unlikely given the artwork but I hope they reconsider the tiara topper. It'd be better without it, IMO. If anything they should have given the Splash shack a dormer and weather vane with some decorative "princessified farm co-op" theming instead. I could be wrong, but I think there might be some internal in-fighting on how best to handle the treatment of the tiara. While I don't think they'll outright remove it, based on the provided concept art and models it kind of seems like WDI isn't sure what the Tiara should even look like. Remove it!

Doesn't sound like the tiara is being reconsidered - this was in a new press release today.

Get a Glimpse of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

As construction continues on Magic Kingdom Park’s much-anticipated Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, guests will soon be able to see the centerpiece of the attraction, Tiana’s Foods water tower, topped by her signature tiara.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Doesn't sound like the tiara is being reconsidered - this was in a new press release today.

Get a Glimpse of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

As construction continues on Magic Kingdom Park’s much-anticipated Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, guests will soon be able to see the centerpiece of the attraction, Tiana’s Foods water tower, topped by her signature tiara.

If I wanted to celebrate soulfully, Mr. Toad and the Br'ers would be there. They are the essence of soul.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I don't mind the water tower. It actually does a fairly good job of accomplishing what WDI set out to do... Shrink the "mountain" and better tie-in with the rural old western motifs of Frontierland.

It's the FREAKING tiara topper that blows it all to crap.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't mind the water tower. It actually does a fairly good job of accomplishing what WDI set out to do... Shrink the "mountain" and better tie-in with the rural old western motifs of Frontierland.

"So what should our tower look like?"
"Well it's in Frontierland so it should look rustic..."
"Ok"
"And it should say something about Tiana"
"Alright can do"
"Oh and a crown! Put a crown on it!"
"...a crown?"
"Do you know how fireable you are design intern 137?"
"I mean...a tiara sounds great! First thing tommorow!"

Either that or Carmen yelling "But it's Myyyyyyy ride and I want a crown noooowwww" like a 5 year old at Walmart

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why, puttin' a tiara atop a fake water tower for a log flume ride would be as cheesy as, well, let's say mouse ears on a park's fake water tower. -Walt Disney​

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

We know it's a salt mine but what exactly is the "mountain" supposed to be now? Personally, I think it's a hill. A wet hill to be exact, though it may also be a mound of dirt.

Incomudro

Shrinking the mountain is foolish too.
I could care less about the reality of a feature that high in New Orleans.
I care more about the exterior of the ride having a visual impact.
And they blew that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom