News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Panther

I just finished reading the Imagineering Story book by Leslie Iwerks.

At one point, it claims that the retheme was in the works "at least since 2016".

First of all, I think if it HAD been in the works since 2016 it would've been leaked to us like Runaway Railway, Cosmic Rewind, and so many other recent Imagineering projects were. Second of all, this is even MORE conflicting information regarding this retheme's development. I can't be the only one still suspicious about this, am I?

Vegas Disney Fan

At one point, it claims that the retheme was in the works "at least since 2016".

First of all, I think if it HAD been in the works since 2016 it would've been leaked to us like Runaway Railway, Cosmic Rewind, and so many other recent Imagineering projects were. Second of all, this is even MORE conflicting information regarding this retheme's development. I can't be the only one still suspicious about this, am I?
It had likely been mentioned as problematic but the George Floyd incident quickly changed that discussion into action.

I doubt there was anything like a plan because it took years after the announcement to do anything and the original concept art seems to have changed substantially.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yes, you're overly suspicious and you just called Leslie Iwerks a liar.

You won't be happy until a narrative comes out which makes Disney the bad guy in all this. Anything contrary to that narrative is dismissed by you without any evidence on your part.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

The ride will be the ride. There will be no boycott of the ride.
No it won't. That's like saying Mission Breakout is the same as the Tower of Terror or Runaway Railway is the same as TGMR. I'm tired of seeing this argument that the ride is the same solely because it shares the same system. I've never seen it used up until Splash Mountain and it just seems like people want to justify the retheme.

Kamikaze

No it won't. That's like saying Mission Breakout is the same as the Tower of Terror or Runaway Railway is the same as TGMR. I'm tired of seeing this argument that the ride is the same solely because it shares the same system. I've never seen it used up until Splash Mountain and it just seems like people want to justify the retheme.
I've (and lots of others) said it for many years about Dinosaur and IJA.

Kamikaze

Just to expand though, I see Frozen and Maelstrom as completely different attractions and experiences, even though they're the same (excluding the tiny track change). I think Splash and TBA will be different as well. My hatred for IJA and Dinosaur is because of the horrendous ride system and that the only thing that happens is that it shakes you back and forth and provides no real 'fun'.

JD80

Maybe you can make up a new forum account to go after Tiana when the ride opens in a year or so.

MerlinTheGoat

Yes, you're overly suspicious and you just called Leslie Iwerks a liar.

You won't be happy until a narrative comes out which makes Disney the bad guy in all this. Anything contrary to that narrative is dismissed by you without any evidence on your part.
For the record, I will say that yeah Leslie Iwerks is very likely lying. I don't have any issue saying it. This may come as a shock to you (though not likely to most other people here who don't chug pixie dust laced cool aid), but not everyone who works at Disney are always honest about everything.

The project DID exist in a vague form before announcement (and prior to the event that prompted them to greenlight it), it wasn't made up on the spot literally moments before the announcement. But it wasn't too long before, and the green light was rushed through very shortly beforehand. It was announced while in an extremely primitive state and they hadn't even fully settled on the ORIGINAL overlay plan they had prior to the salt mine one.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Nobody's suspicious. Everyone finally stopped caring. 🤷‍♂️ Because it's done now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That is very silly. Those are two very different rides.

I don't think anyone (other than you I guess) has said they're the "same ride." I've always just heard they're the same track. Which makes logical sense.

I've been on both. They are two very different experiences due to the theming and sets.

SamusAranX

They should have a guy handing you a beignet as you're going up the final lift hill. If you finish it before "touchdown" at the bottom you get 10 percent off a Tiana doll!!

Kamikaze

That is very silly. Those are two very different rides.

I don't think anyone (other than you I guess) has said they're the "same ride." I've always just heard they're the same track. Which makes logical sense.

I've been on both. They are two very different experiences due to the theming and sets.
They both suck equally. The experience is to be shaken back and forth and not 'thrilled' in any way shape or form. The track is the same.

Obviously the movements and theming are different. But the experience is the same awful thing. And I LOVE the Indy character & movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom