News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

bmr1591

I mean, the ride does take place after the movie. Isn’t there a D+ series coming? Maybe he’ll feature more prominently in there. As a fan of Splash, this seems like such a minor thing to complain about.

Disney Analyst

Well...right, because so many successful restaurants in 1920 New Orleans created a food co-op and then went into commercial food production...
Now if they do "Small World Shipping & Freight", they can equip the boats with QR guns so as you float through the attraction, children can track the packages that will be placed close to the flume to see where the boxes are heading...Imagine the fun! You can exit through a Fed Ex/Kinkos where guests can make copies or buy shipping supplies!View attachment 718310

The biggest issue with this photo is that the Small World at Magic Kingdom has a horrible entrance.

I was just in Disneyland Paris. Beautiful facade and entrance, just like Disneyland.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
MM_Dawn_of_the_Final_Day.png

Sir_Cliff

MK was superior to DL in 3 attractions:
Superior Splash
Space Mountain (Star Tunnel, and I like the ride, despite the roughness)
PeopleMover

With Splash gone, there's less distinction vs DL.
Must say that I think the "superior Splash" ship had sailed before they closed it due to how rundown they let it become. Over the years of visiting WDW to DL, I started enjoying the DL version a lot more just because it looked like a classic Disney attraction maintained up to Disney standards. At WDW, there was lots of bad show, visible infrastructure, barely moving or static animatronics, etc. that made the show scenes at times start to look a little hokey. Kind of sad to watch.

Midwest Elitist

Must say that I think the "superior Splash" ship had sailed before they closed it due to how rundown they let it become. Over the years of visiting WDW to DL, I started enjoying the DL version a lot more just because it looked like a classic Disney attraction maintained up to Disney standards. At WDW, there was lots of bad show, visible infrastructure, barely moving or static animatronics, etc. that made the show scenes at times start to look a little hokey. Kind of sad to watch.
The soundtrack was definitely unique. I would get this harmonica solo in my head from time to time and couldn't piece where it came from. Then I rode Splash again in years, it was Zip-a-dee-doo-dah after the drop 😢.

zipadee999

It was also how both versions were constructed. The DL version was built as an old-school log flume with some scenery and a loose story to tie it all together. It told its story with music and emotions rather than complex show scenes and dialogue. This meant that if some animatronics weren’t functioning it wasn’t likely to make or break your ride. The MK version was built more like pirates. It was slower moving and took a greater focus on elaborate show scenes, dialogue, and characters to tell the story. This meant that you were more likely to notice if certain elements weren’t functioning. In DL, you were more likely to zip past broken effects in the dark and not notice, but in MK they were harder to miss because of how the ride was designed. Because of this, if both rides were in a completely dilapidated state, DL was more likely to provide a superior experience. However, with both rides in their opening-day glory, I’d still say that MK blows DL out of the water!

harryk

Because a key part of this is to change the theme of the current Splash Mountain from something Disney has deemed problematic - so there was no way they would leave Splash as it was and just add a new Tiana ride

Now, to say they should rethemed Splash to something else - even something more generic/no IP - and then give Tiana a brand new ride that certainly is a valid argument, but the main thing here is changing the theme of Splash and Tiana is just the theme picked to do that
I just wonder how many guests are even aware of the 'Song of the South' since it was so many years past when it was available. I acquired a dvd version in the UK many years ago and it does play, although poorly, since it is not a U.S. formatted disc, and that was 12 years ago. I just like the Uncle Remus story that was presented in the now defunct ride.

TheMaxRebo

I just wonder how many guests are even aware of the 'Song of the South' since it was so many years past when it was available. I acquired a dvd version in the UK many years ago and it does play, although poorly, since it is not a U.S. formatted disc, and that was 12 years ago. I just like the Uncle Remus story that was presented in the now defunct ride.
I referenced this before but a friend was a chaperone for their daughters school group which was about 140 teen aged kids and not a single one had any idea who the characters were in the Splash Mountain ride ... So making it PatF definitely makes it a more relevant IP

BlakeW39

MK also has better midday attractions. DLR has tiki room, Lincoln and the (vastly superior) train, MK has Tiki, Train, Peoplemover, CBJ, HoP, Philhar, Peoplemover, MilF and CoP. There’s a reason when I rope drop DL I’m usually on my way to DCA at 1:00 but when the reverse is true do t usually head to DL until 4-5:00.

uhh... what is that attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom