Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

PiratesMansion

I think Disney still promotes its old movies quite a bit, although not as much as it used to. Keep in mind that Snow White, Pinocchio and Bambi are over 80 years old now! While they have held up pretty well, many children will view them as dated.

In the 60s and 70s, Snow White, Pinocchio and Bambi were only 20-30 years old, a comparable time difference from the Disney Renaissance to today. I'd say the Disney company of today promotes the Renaissance movies about as much as 60s-80s Disney promoted the Walt-era films.
They're pretty good at attracting characters that are part of franchises (Princesses, Tinker Bell and by extension Peter Pan), but much of the time it feels like the company wishes the other stuff didn't exist anymore.

I mean, earlier this very year they were honoring the company's history by showing four movies on one bill...except that not one of them was made during Walt's time!

More often than not, if it's before Little Mermaid, or can't be tied to a franchise, it may as well not exist to the modern WDC.

Ghost93

They're pretty good at attracting characters that are part of franchises (Princesses, Tinker Bell and by extension Peter Pan), but much of the time it feels like the company wishes the other stuff didn't exist anymore.

I mean, earlier this very year they were honoring the company's history by showing four movies on one bill...except that not one of them was made during Walt's time!

More often than not, if it's before Little Mermaid, or can't be tied to a franchise, it may as well not exist to the modern WDC.
What exactly would you like to see the Disney company do with the non-princess older movies that hasn't already been done?

Pinocchio has a ride, and Fantasia has plenty of representation in the parks — especially with Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog. Dumbo has a ride. Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, and One Hunded and One Dalmations don't really suit themselves well to rides, but sometimes have characters featured in Meet in Geets. Cruella is often a major player in villain-themed events. Alice in Wonderland has tons of representation in the parks, with rides, mazes, parades, meet and greets and Fantasmic.

The only really egregious oversight in the Walt Era films is the lack of A Jungle Book in the parks. You'd think that would play a bigger role in Animal Kingdom.

I think the Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons and Bolt are the only movies not featured at all in the parks.

Atlantis and Treasure Planet could have made for great rides but that ship has long sailed as both movies are fairly obscure now. I am a little surprised the Horned King from the Black Cauldron has never been featured in any of the Halloween events at Disney World, even as a cameo. Maybe they feel his presence would confuse guests as the movie is so obscure now.

PiratesMansion

What exactly would you like to see the Disney company do with the non-princess older movies that hasn't already been done?

Pinocchio has a ride, and Fantasia has plenty of representation in the parks — especially with Sorcerer Mickey and Chernabog. Dumbo has a ride. Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, and One Hunded and One Dalmations don't really suit themselves well to rides, but sometimes have characters featured in Meet in Geets. Cruella is often a major player in villain-themed events. Alice in Wonderland has tons of representation in the parks, with rides, mazes, parades, meet and greets and Fantasmic.

The only really egregious oversight in the Walt Era films is the lack of A Jungle Book in the parks. You'd think that would play a bigger role in Animal Kingdom.

I think the Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons and Bolt are the only movies not featured at all in the parks.

Atlantis and Treasure Planet could have made for great rides but that ship has long sailed as both movies are fairly obscure now. I am a little surprised the Horned King from the Black Cauldron has never been featured in any of the Halloween events at Disney World, even as a cameo. Maybe they feel his presence would confuse guests as the movie is so obscure now.
They could use more older characters and songs in entertainment. Seems like a solid bare minimum. Instead of right now where we end up with what is basically the same ten songs in every single show.

There's a reason most of those films aren't featured in attractions, sure, but that isn't the only way these films could be featured.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Miss seeing Br'er Bear's enormous butt on the ride? Well for the low low cot of $1,500 you can OWN his butt fur!
Capture.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom