Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It kind of is. Not the beloved classic, but its bones and body and aesthetic, sure. Maybe they can call it Skrull Mountain to represent Marvel and the idea of it looking similar but not being an authentic thing.
It isn’t, though. It’s a different ride. That’s like still calling Mission: Breakout Tower of Terror.

PiratesMansion

They're not going to call it Splash Mountain because the name now has a certain baggage attached to it. The degree to which this baggage is real or imagined likely varies depending on who you're talking to, but it's clear that Disney, at the very least, feels that there's enough baggage with some combination of the original name/OG ride/OG ride source material that they feel they need to call it something else, and since it's their park, their opinion is the one that matters.

Ghost93

Here’s my prediction… Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open without Facilier in the ride. They re going to hear the complaints and add him to a Halloween overlay that may or may not become permanent.
A Halloween overlay is actually a cool idea. Probably wouldn't be too costly either since Facilier's Friends on the other Side would utilize projection mapping instead of animatronics.

Ghost93

They're not going to call it Splash Mountain because the name now has a certain baggage attached to it. The degree to which this baggage is real or imagined likely varies depending on who you're talking to, but it's clear that Disney, at the very least, feels that there's enough baggage with some combination of the original name/OG ride/OG ride source material that they feel they need to call it something else, and since it's their park, their opinion is the one that matters.
I think the concern is that when people type in Splash Mountain nowadays "racist" and "Song of the South" sometimes automatically pop up in the Google search results. I think Disney went with a completely different name so that such subject matters wouldn't appear when people are googling a ride.

Professortango1

It isn’t, though. It’s a different ride. That’s like still calling Mission: Breakout Tower of Terror.
If they kept the drop as scary, it could have kept the the same name. But the ride isn't focused on terror or fear anymore, and Tower of Zero Stakes Party Time brought to you by Spirit Halloween and Atmosfesr Projections doesn't have the same ring to it.

TomboyJanet

Because Just like Elsa betrayed us by throwing us out of her castle and then having her creation throw us down a waterfall again, Mama Ode is going to turn traitor and say "DOWN YA GOOOOOO!!!" or some corny line and Attempt a homicide by h20 and gravity
elsa-frozen-ever-after-malfunction.jpg

TomboyJanet

If they kept the drop as scary, it could have kept the the same name. But the ride isn't focused on terror or fear anymore, and Tower of Zero Stakes Party Time brought to you by Spirit Halloween and Atmosfesr Projections doesn't have the same ring to it.
I swear Spirit Halloween now has superior Animatronics to most new Disney Rides. Oh wait what animatronics!!? hmm.....lemme think... in Orlando......... do scary mickey dolls with tvs for faces count? is this fallout New Vegas?
images - 2023-09-23T125210.496.jpg

Last edited:

MK-fan

So what’s gonna happen with Winnie the Pooh next door? will the area just be a small subland and renamed “Hundred Acre Woods” with a possible small retheme of Hungry Bear restaurant? The Explorer Canoes can “relocate” to Frontierland. I can’t see them doing anything else?

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

So what’s gonna happen with Winnie the Pooh next door? will the area just be a small subland and renamed “Hundred Acre Woods” with a possible small retheme of Hungry Bear restaurant? The Explorer Canoes can “relocate” to Frontierland. I can’t see them doing anything else?
Apparently Critter Country is staying. I don't think anything really needs to happen to the area-as much as I'd love a menu refresh, Hungry Bear is always super busy. Explorer Canoes will probably stay put exactly as they are now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom