Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

But Splash Mountain fits well alongside Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain. It’s a very simple and speakable name, like Incredicoaster, or even Mission Breakout. People will never call it Tiana’s Bayou Adventure because it doesn’t roll off the tongue in any way in a sentence… that’s not a matter of nostalgia, just the reality of how people speak. Just like Zip-a-Dee River Run never would’ve been a good name.
Zip-a-Dee River Run is honestly a really lame name. I'm glad Eisner convinced them to change it to Splash Mountain.

Rich T

I don't know about that, does this look boring and lame to you?

tumblr_mun090SIds1shyzaio5_250.gif
Ichabod is great, but it does, IMO, suffer from over-Disneyfication in its presentation, mainly in turning it into a showcase for Bing Crosby’s vocal skills and personality. It’s a product of its time. Still excellent, though, especially in the finale when the balance of fear and comedy is just about perfect.

Mr. Toad gets everything right. You’re right in that it’s fairly slow paced (but it’s lightning-fast compared to the wonderful novel or any other adaptation that’s ever been done). I can’t think of another Disney adaptation that has so perfectly captured the heart of its source material without introducing modern pop culture references or completely changing the tone of the story. Honey Tree and Blustery Day come close.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On an unrelated note, can I just say how much I hate this new Twitter update?
It's likely a very very early drawing found on some artist's website, or a fake.

A new reconceptualization wouldn't leave out the flume or be so off.

At least, I would hope not.

But at least we know it's from "artist currently unknown" from "unconfirmed." So, that's plenty to start complaining about!!!

waltography

But Splash Mountain fits well alongside Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain. It’s a very simple and speakable name, like Incredicoaster, or even Mission Breakout. People will never call it Tiana’s Bayou Adventure because it doesn’t roll off the tongue in any way in a sentence… that’s not a matter of nostalgia, just the reality of how people speak. Just like Zip-a-Dee River Run never would’ve been a good name.
When Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens, people will just call it Tiana like the other princess/animated-inspired rides (Pan, Snow, Pinocchio, Toad, Alice, Tiana, Mermaid, Dumbo, Pooh). I would've preferred Tiana's Bayou Splash as a name, though (or really, most things aside from " [Character]'s [Descriptor] Adventure").

mickEblu

My 7 year old son today on the way to school unprompted and completely out of nowhere:

Son: What’s going to be the name of Princess and the Frog Ride?

Me: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

Son: No reaction

Son: Will she be a Frog?

Me: No

Son: Whaaaat? (Confused/ disappointed)

Son: Who’s going to be at the top? (Meaning who’s taking Brer Foxes spot during the climax as we go up the lift hill)

Me: I don’t know but Dr. Facilier is probably not going to be in the ride.

Son: Huh? (Disappointed/ confused) What about his shadow?

Me: Hes probably not going to be there either.

My 7 year old son is smart enough to know Dr. Facilier should be on the lift hill. That’s what he’s expecting. That’s what most people who don’t read Disney Parks Blogs are expecting/ anticipating.

Honeycomb

My 7 year old son is smart enough to know Dr. Facilier should be on the lift hill. That’s what he’s expecting. That’s what most people who don’t read Disney Parks Blogs are expecting/ anticipating.
Dr. Facilier was definitely one of the most memorable aspects of the film. I'm also huge sucker for jazz music, so that and the animation is why I personally enjoyed PatF as much as I did, but alas. But I understand why they decided not to include him because of how the movie ends.

And as I mentioned before, I want to know why we are falling down the salt dome more than whatever the "secret ingredient" is since he is not in TBA.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Dr. Facilier was definitely one of the most memorable aspects of the film. I'm also huge sucker for jazz music, so that and the animation is why I personally enjoyed PatF as much as I did, but alas. But I understand why they decided not to include him because of how the movie ends.

And as I mentioned before, I want to know why we are falling down the salt dome more than whatever the "secret ingredient" is since he is not in TBA.
The only way to get to the celebration in time is to go down the waterslide on the roof!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom