Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TomboyJanet

I just want to casually mention the fact that when Imagineers made a model for the original Splash Mountain it was this size. Everything is a scaleback lol
Big Model.PNG

TomboyJanet

Dr. Facilier was definitely one of the most memorable aspects of the film. I'm also huge sucker for jazz music, so that and the animation is why I personally enjoyed PatF as much as I did, but alas. But I understand why they decided not to include him because of how the movie ends.

And as I mentioned before, I want to know why we are falling down the salt dome more than whatever the "secret ingredient" is since he is not in TBA.
Because Just like Elsa betrayed us by throwing us out of her castle and then having her creation throw us down a waterfall again, Mama Ode is going to turn traitor and say "DOWN YA GOOOOOO!!!" or some corny line and Attempt a homicide by h20 and gravity

Consumer

I just want to casually mention the fact that when Imagineers made a model for the original Splash Mountain it was this size. Everything is a scaleback lol
View attachment 744167
That's because they needed to scan the rockwork into the computers to get the proper shaping of the mesh for the concrete, obviously something that isn't necessary when the mountain has already been constructed. That said, there very well could be a large scale model at WDI that hasn't been shown to the public, just like how I'm sure there's plenty of concept art and rejected ideas that haven't been revealed, either.

TomboyJanet

That's because they needed to scan the rockwork into the computers to get the proper shaping of the mesh for the concrete, obviously something that isn't necessary when the mountain has already been constructed. That said, there very well could be a large scale model at WDI that hasn't been shown to the public, just like how I'm sure there's plenty of concept art and rejected ideas that haven't been revealed, either.
Possibly. I was more joking lol but I do think that the attention to detail is going to be minimal at most

Disney Analyst

They did the same with Carsland, a scale model, scanned, so they could produce the chips and such for the real thing.

Brer Oswald

I'm just still waiting for this to be another Imagination Institute Incident (or III for short) I wonder if it will be retooled
I doubt it will be retooled, but I could definitely see them bringing back the “Splash Mountain” name while using the Tiana theme. Maybe even incorporate Facilier who will have next to no presence in the upcoming rendition of the ride.

Maybe something like “Splash Mountain: Tiana’s Adventure”.

Brer Oswald

Technically the name "Splash mountain" has nothing to do with SOTS.

Eisner requested they put "Splash" in the name so that the attraction be used to help market Walt Disney Studios' 1984 film Splash.
Not even technically. It has nothing to do with it. The vast majority of guests have positive associations with the ride known as “Splash Mountain”. You would think that if Disney wanted to convince people this is the same ride but better in every way, they’d at least keep the general name.

This retheme has had some pretty bizarre marketing, particularly confusing to people not within the core community. Some people are thinking that it’s becoming a restaurant. If it’s not a smash hit out of the gate with normies, the easiest thing to do would be to borrow the original “simplistic” name.

Disstevefan1

Not even technically. It has nothing to do with it. The vast majority of guests have positive associations with the ride known as “Splash Mountain”. You would think that if Disney wanted to convince people this is the same ride but better in every way, they’d at least keep the general name.

This retheme has had some pretty bizarre marketing, particularly confusing to people not within the core community. Some people are thinking that it’s becoming a restaurant. If it’s not a smash hit out of the gate with normies, the easiest thing to do would be to borrow the original “simplistic” name.
We all know folks will continue to call it splash mountain anyway.
I still call Disney Hollywood Studios, MGM :) I still have my MGM hat :)

mickEblu

Here’s my prediction… Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open without Facilier in the ride. They re going to hear the complaints and add him to a Halloween overlay that may or may not become permanent.

Consumer

I still call the Matterhorn Holiday Hill. Jk but I do still call Galactic Grill Tomorrowland Terrace and Red Rose Tavern Village Haus.
Honestly I didn't even know they changed the name of the Tomorrowland Terrace until recently. Last time I was at the parks my brother texted me saying he was at Galactic Grill and I thought it was in Galaxy's Edge. Straight up had no idea. He should've told me he was at Club Buzz, then I would have known.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Honestly I didn't even know they changed the name of the Tomorrowland Terrace until recently. Last time I was at the parks my brother texted me saying he was at Galactic Grill and I thought it was in Galaxy's Edge. Straight up had no idea. He should've told me he was at Club Buzz, then I would have known.
Isn't the stage area still called Tomorrowland Terrace and just the restaurant is called Galactic Grill?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom