Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Consumer

Agreed. I’m just saying the vast majority of guests are looking at the broader paint-strokes of the world-building, not the details of backstory.
Make no mistake, I agree, which is why I don't see the point in making everything so specific and different. Guests don't understand and they don't care, so why does WDI feel the need to waste their time on such stupid ideas?

DavidDL

I mean, the Briar Patch shop has just been selling generic merch for a long time. I don't see any reason for them to close it anytime soon unless they absolutely have to for construction on the wider area.

Edit: I know they'll retheme it, eventually.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230531_130918_Disneyland.jpg

Wiped from the app
Screenshot_20230531_131058_Chrome.jpg

And website

Phroobar

Whatever the end result, I guarantee every single person that hates this overlay will be riding it within a month of it's grand opening and singing praises over it. This is especially true of the ones that swear they will never step foot in the ride ever again.

Disney fan stages of grief
1. Disney announces change - Shock
2. Fans argue about the concept art - Hate
3. Walls go up - Sadness
4. Change happen - Curiosity and hope over new things
5. Grand opening - Pixie dust love everywhere!
6. Fans go back to complaining about a trash can that was moved

shambolicdefending

Whatever the end result, I guarantee every single person that hates this overlay will be riding it within a month of it's grand opening and singing praises over it. This is especially true of the ones that swear they will never step foot in the ride ever again.

3. Walls go up - Sadness
I think the vast majority of us want to like the new overlay. We're really, really hoping it's good. But hope and expectation are two different things.

Phroobar

I think the vast majority of us want to like the new overlay. We're really, really hoping it's good. But hope and expectation are two different things.
I added the fear stage.

3. Walls go up - Sadness
5. Will it live up to fan made expectations? - Fear
6. Grand opening - Pixie dust love everywhere!
7. Fans go back to complaining about a trash can that was moved

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

3. Walls go up - Sadness
Not me, I love the Br'ers and have for pretty much my entire life. I can't say I'm a fan of Princess movies.

shambolicdefending

I added the fear stage.

3. Walls go up - Sadness
5. Will it live up to fan made expectations? - Fear
6. Grand opening - Pixie dust love everywhere!
7. Fans go back to complaining about a trash can that was moved
Eh, once your behavioral model gets up to 7 stages you're stretching too far. See if you can cut it down to five or fewer.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

So the choices are pixie dust snort or never ride it? I haven’t been on Mission Breakout since last August. Mission BO is fun but No way I would have went 9 months without riding TOT as an AP.
Yeah, Mission Breakout's fun and all but it's just not the same as ToT. I don't like the use of screens during the ride portion as well, feels like they're tacking too much story onto a thrill ride.

Consumer

Even though I'll end up missing Splash Mountain, I enjoy when Disneyland changes. Once I realized I will always have my memories of Disneyland, there's nothing they can do to the park that will make me sad. Besides, even without Splash Mountain, filling up a day at Disneyland is one of the easiest things to do. This isn't like when Tower of Terror was removed and it made DCA not even worth visiting anymore due to the lack of quality attractions. The loss of Splash Mountain is undisputedly a bigger hit to Magic Kingdom than it is to Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom