Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

waltography

The ride on the whole is just fine. It'll be better suited to Disneyland's faster pace, and so for that I look forward to it later this year.

I'm left with a lot of questions though, both large and small, that just leaves me wanting. Why is there a harsh spotlight on a bare area of marshland (2:43 timestamp on the official POV)? Why do we enter a long hallway where Tiana doesn't even acknowledge us until we get really close to her (4:17)? Where is the urgency (we're late for the party!)? Why is the lift hill not BLASTING music? Why do we not see the fireflies following us up?

Wow, this is worse than anything I could have imagined. Figured at the very least there would be a lot more fog, better lighting and better music here. And maybe some better dialogue than “ I’ll get you to the party.”

So the only thing to indicate we shrunk down here is a big mama odie head on a screen that replaced the vulture AA’s? Yikes. I was wrong. I’m more disappointed about the final lifthill than the finale. All the clips I saw a few days ago I was more or less mentally prepared for and/ or they matched my expectations. This is bad. Splash didn’t have a lot going on but what it did it did right. The ominous music and buildup. The vultures. This is criminal. I don’t care that they added an AA.
My theory is they really pump the bottom of the lift hill with fog so the effect should be much stronger, but it was messing with the sensors on their video equipment so they turned it off for the POV. (It's also why I think the shrinking effect looks so much worse here).

My issue with that is (if it's true) why they released this knowing they kneecapped two of their coolest effects (and on an official POV no less!).

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
SPOILER ALERT: Final lift-hill footage. But trust me you’ll want to see this so you’ll be less disappointed when you ride

Wow, this is worse than anything I could have imagined. Figured at the very least there would be a lot more fog, better lighting and better music here. And maybe some better dialogue than “ I’ll get you to the party.”

So the only thing to indicate we shrunk down here is a big mama odie head on a screen that replaced the vulture AA’s? Yikes. I was wrong. I’m more disappointed about the final lifthill than the finale. All the clips I saw a few days ago I was more or less mentally prepared for and/ or they matched my expectations. This is bad. Splash didn’t have a lot going on but what it did it did right. The ominous music and buildup. The vultures. This is criminal. I don’t care that they added an AA.

Obvious spoilers, but a full POV of the WDW version:

Oh my gosh, this is worse than I thought. I feel 100% justified in my fears for this attraction. Large amounts of dead space, a storyline that has ZERO stakes whatsoever. To each their own, but this is not my cup of tea.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

It looks kind of underwhelming but I’ll wait until I ride it before I make any judgement. I’m fine with them changing it to Princess and The Frog but maybe I just had too high of an expectation for this.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Gonna be monitoring this, but I don't think this is the ratio Disney wanted to see:

1717266318458.png

I just don't see any positive comments in the comments section either....or they are very few and far between...

1717266407778.png

1717266438149.png

1717266457063.png

1717266476807.png
1717266505942.png
1717266522575.png

1717266559676.png

This ride is all glitz and no substance.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the attraction itself looks to stay fun and my teen daughters seem to like it (going in August), but man they sure could have added some kind of drama/tension somewhere no?
I think it also looks fun and can't wait to ride it myself, hope you and your daughters enjoy it.

To me though not every attraction needs to have drama and tension, even if its a retheme where its predecessor did. I understand why some like that in their attraction and why they wouldn't be thrilled to have it missing here, but its not the story that WDI wanted to tell here.

mickEblu

I think it also looks fun and can't wait to ride it myself, hope you and your daughters enjoy it.

To me though not every attraction needs to have drama and tension, even if its a retheme where its predecessor did. I understand why some like that in their attraction and why they wouldn't be thrilled to have it missing here, but its not the story that WDI wanted to tell here.

What story did they want to tell in the long gaps with nothing to look at?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What story did they want to tell in the long gaps with nothing to look at?
Splash had long gaps with nothing to look at also, so nothing changed there, its just in different places. They've also added story where there was none before, for example we get right into the story in the very first lift hill where there was none before. So the story spacing is just different now.

Misted Compass

They've added story where there was none before, for example we get right into the story in the very first lift hill
I'd argue that actually makes the space afterwards feel  more empty. In Splash that whole first section was setting up the atmosphere, with the main "ride" not beginning until after the first drop. Now we have Tiana calling you to action on the lift, followed by the same nothingness that was there before. It creates a greater contrast than Splash had for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom