Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

GoneForGood

While I'm here. I posted it in WDW thread but might have forgotten to do so here.
The NOLA Jazz Museum accidently posted a twitter thread last week when WDI visited them.
They unveiled a portrait of Ralphie from PATF in what (I think?) is a cropped image of a show scene and or animatronic.
Tianas-bayou-adventure-ralphie-portait.png

CaptinEO

Whatever the end result, I guarantee every single person that hates this overlay will be riding it within a month of it's grand opening and singing praises over it. This is especially true of the ones that swear they will never step foot in the ride ever again.

Disney fan stages of grief
1. Disney announces change - Shock
2. Fans argue about the concept art - Hate
3. Walls go up - Sadness
4. Change happen - Curiosity and hope over new things
5. Grand opening - Pixie dust love everywhere!
6. Fans go back to complaining about a trash can that was moved
I don't know.

California Screamin - Incredicoaster
Tower of Terror - Guardians
Sorin Over California - Soarin Over The World

That is just to name a few. Look at Epcot for "retheme the themepark". People who loved Epcot are still bitter over how much that park has changed.

Not saying rethemes can't be good, but it can go either way.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

While I'm here. I posted it in WDW thread but might have forgotten to do so here.
The NOLA Jazz Museum accidently posted a twitter thread last week when WDI visited them.
They unveiled a portrait of Ralphie from PATF in what (I think?) is a cropped image of a show scene and or animatronic.
View attachment 720212
What an ugly figure. It looks like a combination of one of the small world dolls and Miguel from Coco.

I heard the close is temporary and Splash Mountain will reopen in July with all of its effects reinstated. This is all just a ruse to appease Iger and they'll reopen Splash when he's not looking.
When they reinstate Chapek, he'll bring back Splash don't you worry!

mickEblu

View attachment 720212

I liked that there were no “human beings” in Splash Mountain. Just having humanoid AAs in there instantly makes it less whimsical.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Disney really said, what Brers? Song of the South? Not us?

I’m actually shocked how quickly TBA signals and hints hit the park. Wasn’t expecting right after Splash closed…literally the next day.
They did the same over in WDW, I was honestly expecting them to get rid of everything as the park was closing for the day.

Maybe a mix of both. I know that the Brers statue at the entrance was supposedly tagged for archive
I really hope the Br'er animatronics weren't trashed, they're way more appealing than DL's and actually resemble their movie counterparts. That being said, I have a bad feeling the America Sings animatronics are either gonna be permanently archived or sent straight to the dumpster.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I really hope the Br'er animatronics weren't trashed, they're way more appealing than DL's and actually resemble their movie counterparts. That being said, I have a bad feeling the America Sings animatronics are either gonna be permanently archived or sent straight to the dumpster.
Part of me wonders if the America Sings AAs won’t either be archived or even quietly restored and/or sold off to large auction houses or celebrity collectors (paging John Stamos?).

Since America Sings is seen as a less problematic IP some of them may even be restored for they archives or part of a temporary museum-style display their original AS period styles. We are nearing the 50 year anniversary of the original attraction’s opening in 2024.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

How about just put the America Sings AAs back in their original home and call it a day? It is not like Launch Bay is being used except by DVC owners that want free soda.
Just bring back a 1980s retro Tomorrowland and go “full retro” - Peoplemover, AS, EO, Dick Dale Space Mountain, Star Tours 1.0. You could tie it to Tron if you insist on bringing a new attraction. Would be nice to have a nostalgic/Americana Tomorrowland in time for the 2028 as a throwback to the last time LA had the Olympics in 1984.

One can dream. 😝

CaptinEO

They did the same over in WDW, I was honestly expecting them to get rid of everything as the park was closing for the day.

Disney has ways of selling ride props to collector markets. They aren't going to trash things that can make them money.

Usually a few years after a ride goes down you start to see some of the props out in the auction houses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom