Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Like are the CMs supposed to roleplay they are owners of the ride/business with Tiana? Seems weird to me.

Imagine getting underpaid and then having to grin and bear it and pretend you are part of some profit sharing company. So strange to me.
It’s backstory. They said these details would be in the queue.

You are being extra, in my opinion. It’s not that serious, nor is it that deep. I had to pretend that Pinocchio was an actual puppet who was misbehaving and treated Dumbo like it was an actual airline. It’s part of the job.

CaptinEO

It’s backstory. They said these details would be in the queue.

You are being extra, in my opinion. It’s not that serious, nor is it that deep. I had to pretend that Pinocchio was an actual puppet who was misbehaving and treated Dumbo like it was an actual airline. It’s part of the job.
Hahaha that is a good point! Your last sentences especially.

I'm crossing my fingers the ride itself doesn't have much "storytelling" and instead is an experience. I'm hoping for mostly songs and little dialogue.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Hahaha that is a good point! Your last sentences especially.

I'm crossing my fingers the ride itself doesn't have much "storytelling" and instead is an experience. I'm hoping for mostly songs and little dialogue.
We shall see. I’m hoping for the same. It’s very unfortunate that Splash Mountain is now gone. However, I’m going to keep an open mind and not automatically hate this project because it’s replacing a fan favorite. There’s no point in pouting and kicking and screaming if fans are going to continue to go to the parks.

Waiting for more details to be released.

CaptinEO

We shall see. I’m hoping for the same. It’s very unfortunate that Splash Mountain is now gone. However, I’m going to keep an open mind and not automatically hate this project because it’s replacing a fan favorite. There’s no point in pouting and kicking and screaming if fans are going to continue to go to the parks.

Waiting for more details to be released.
I think with the time it took from announcement to removing Splash, by the end I just felt it was dragging along and to just rip the bandaid and close it.

The ride was already condemned by the company and on its way out for 3 years.

We can only hope for the best. Chapek being gone does give me hope. All the bad projects in recent years he was the head of Disney Parks.

Lets see how D'Amaro does things.

It would be an embarrassment on a massive level if this is something like the incredicoaster.

But I will keep my reservations until I ride it (don't do spoilers for rides). Whether it ends up good or bad at least nothing can replace our memories of Splash Mountain.

Consumer

Did Disney confirm that Tiana no longer has Tiana’s Palace? That she sold it/gave it up? I don’t remember that.
I think you're right the Tiana's Palace in the parks is a separate entity. Tiana's Foods is a salt mine I believe? No idea if her restaurant is employee owned.
This raises the question of what the heck is Tiana Foods because I was under the assumption this was the same as Tiana's restaurant. If I'm confused, I must imagine guests will be, as well. Is the salt mine even still part of the story?

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member

New Railroad Audio

[Tunnel] "We're entering the Bayou, soon to be home to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Princess Tiana swears there's magic out here, and wherever there's Magic, there's bound to be surprises! Blue skies and sunshine!"

[Pass over Critter Country]"Speaking of surprises, this place were passing over is Chock full of em. Here in Critter Country, you can join Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and other beloved Critters on fun filled adventures where anything can happen!"

Last edited:

Rich T

This raises the question of what the heck is Tiana Foods because I was under the assumption this was the same as Tiana's restaurant. If I'm confused, I must imagine guests will be, as well. Is the salt mine even still part of the story?
99.9 percent of guests will thoroughly enjoy their time on the theme park log ride and not give one second of thought to the backstory, nor experience any kind of confusion or concern beyond how wet they’re gonna get.

shambolicdefending

99.9 percent of guests will thoroughly enjoy their time on the theme park log ride and not give one second of thought to the backstory, nor experience any kind of confusion or concern beyond how wet they’re gonna get.
I understand the broader point you're making and I basically agree with it. But, let's not overstate it. The quality of the story and story telling does matter to guests. If it didn't, they wouldn't be doing this rebrand in the first place.

Many guests will notice and be disappointed if the quality of those things in the new version isn't as good as in the old one.

Rich T

I understand the broader point you're making and I basically agree with it. But, let's not overstate it. The quality of the story and story telling does matter to guests. If it didn't, they wouldn't be doing this rebrand in the first place.

Many guests will notice and be disappointed if the quality of those things in the new version isn't as good as in the old one.
Agreed. I’m just saying the vast majority of guests are looking at the broader paint-strokes of the world-building, not the details of backstory.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 12.30.39 PM.png

Still there on the website's map but not accessible. Weirdly enough, the Briar Patch store still appears to be open.

New Railroad Audio

[Tunnel] "We're entering the Bayou, soon to be home to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Princess Tiana swears there's magic out here, and wherever there's Magic, there's bound to be surprises! Blue skies and sunshine!"

The magic of everyone's favorite character, Ralphie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom