Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Did anyone catch what the final PA announcement said? I just hear inaudible mumbling in every clip I see of it. Also were there people singing and cheering for every log that went down like in Florida? It’s nice to see so many people coming out to support one of the greatest E-tickets ever created that’s being wrongfully taken from us. Mark my words, in a few years this will be the new Journey into YOUR Imagination!
"Attention Splash Mountaineers, ride will be powered down one last time. Thank you for all the fun times and memories, and especially to Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox, and Br’er Bear.”

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Maybe this will finally give a clear incentive for some of you Splash fanatics to visit Tokyo Disney. A lot of you keep forgetting that the ride isn't being re-themed over there.
I've wanted to visit Tokyo for years regardless of the SM change, its just really far away and expensive for me at the moment.

The soundtrack is different, pacing is different. It's not a traditional log flume, and it spends more time trying to tell a story.
Would you say it spends more time than WDW's trying to tell a story?

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
The Lopez Twins of the NBA are there for some reason!

They're Golden Oak residents rumored to be Club 33 both coasts. There's probably a few who fit into that category there who aren't well known by the public

On the live stream I was watching a half hour ago, two Plaid Vest CM's rushed through the exit trying their best to look very important as they led a gaggle of random people. But each group of people behind each Plaid Vest was headed by a very tall young man who looked like they play basketball, or maybe just have a glandular problem. Then a smaller gaggle of hangers-on and regular humans shuffled in behind them trying to look important. It was a bit cringey.

I assume those are the two NBA gentlemen and their various hangers-on?

Robin Lopez (who was there with Tony Baxter, among others) got fed up with a livestreamer, grabbed his phone and closed out of the tiktok app ending his live. The streamer uploaded the video to YouTube this AM.

Phroobar

iu

CHOX

Did anyone catch what the final PA announcement said? I just hear inaudible mumbling in every clip I see of it. Also were there people singing and cheering for every log that went down like in Florida? It’s nice to see so many people coming out to support one of the greatest E-tickets ever created that’s being wrongfully taken from us. Mark my words, in a few years this will be the new Journey into YOUR Imagination!

Dr. Nigel Channing’s moon is the first thing to be installed over the drop.

mickEblu

Without having been on it- I've watched some videos of Tokyo's Splash a few times, and while it's also Splash Mountain, it's not Disneyland's Splash Mountain.

The soundtrack is different, pacing is different. It's not a traditional log flume, and it spends more time trying to tell a story.

It's not like Pirates of the Caribbean where the comparison is apples to apples.

I fully intend to visit Tokyo Disneyland in 2024 or so, and am excited to see their Splash- but its existence does not make up for what Disneyland is doing to theirs.

And it’s also in Japan. Not San Diego. “Hey the thing you love that you used to be down the street still exists halfway around the world.”

CaptinEO

I’m hoping they don’t gut it and they use a lot of those sets. For example, I can’t think of one good reason that the “How do you Do” sets need to be changed.
I don't see them reusing much of anything. I'd imagine the new ride has a different aesthetic. Modern Disney is too cool for 2D cutouts in their sets. It's not immersive enough for them. Unless its something like MMRR where the goal was to make a pseudo 2D/3D ride.

I always loved the Splash Mountain's sets looked like an elementary school project in a way. Adds to the classic story theme.

CaptinEO

They are wasting no time.

Good god on the employee owned thing. It's just so funny having Disney of all companies pretend they are advocates for employee owned businesses.

So the future Tiana CMs making a few bucks over min wage have to roleplay now that they are working for a great employee owned business?

Disney: "Did you know this fictional ride takes place in an employee owned business! Wow!"

Guest: "What about your employees manning the ride, are they partial owners of Disney? What benefits do they have in profit sharing!"

Disney: ...

mickEblu

I don't see them reusing much of anything. I'd imagine the new ride has a different aesthetic. Modern Disney is too cool for 2D cutouts in their sets. It's not immersive enough for them. Unless its something like MMRR where the goal was to make a pseudo 2D/3D ride.

I always loved the Splash Mountain's sets looked like an elementary school project in a way. Adds to the classic story theme.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

mickEblu

I’m hoping a lot of the queue structures remain the same! The vegetation that’s grown in on them over the years is so beautiful.

Right I wonder about things like that or how much of the exterior portions of the ride get changed. Load to first drop and post final drop to finale. I’d imagine a lot of that stays the same. Can’t think of one good reason to spend any of the budget there. Or how about the nice cobblestone to the side of the barn.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Good god on the employee owned thing. It's just so funny having Disney of all companies pretend they are advocates for employee owned businesses.

Disney: "Did you know this fictional ride takes place in an employee owned business! Wow!"

Guest: "What about your employees manning the ride, are they partial owners of Disney? What benefits do they have in profit sharing!"

Disney: ...
It’s fictional, like you said…

It’s plot. That’s all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom