Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

ProjectXBlog

View attachment 718180
Doesn't quite line up, but I'm dying to know what this is now.
If this does turn out to be related to the new project, my guess would be Buford. The details I saw line up pretty well.
IMG_1498.jpeg

But admittedly it would be weird for them to just leave a head mold (or anything project-related) sitting in that spot.

celluloid

You're going to love it! Be prepared to wrestle with these basic questions and emotions during/after riding the Tokyo Splash Mountain...
  • There is an actual plot to this ride that I can follow even though the dialogue is in Japanese? I had no idea!
  • CM's can be pleasant and efficient at the same time? I had no idea!
  • All the effects can work on a water ride, even in a climate like Tokyo that is harsh and humid and punishing? I had no idea!
  • Disney can operate a wet water ride but send perfectly dry seats into the loading station without fail? I had no idea!
  • Animatronics can still move and emote like Tony Baxter designed them to in 1988? I had no idea!

Ha. Yeah. I am looking forward to visiting a place that still feels like The Disney Decade. As a bonus, I have a nearly three year old daughter that will be of height due to the requirement differences. Amazing.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'm excited. I heard from a few others that Tony Baxter was impressed with what they had come up with, so my expectations are high without feeling like I'm setting myself up for disappointment.
Tony left early in the project. Word is he and the Imagineers had vividly different ideas for what to do with Splash so he left.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I expect lines to rocket up on the last day like it did in Florida. Then again Google is saying it'll only be 70 and cloudy so who knows how much that'll impact lines.

TP2000

yeah I'd expect last day of operation to be a whole different animal.

On Tuesday evening I am now planning to find one of those not-too-annoying YouTube people who live stream from the park. Then I'll pull their feed up on the big TV, make myself a strong cocktail to toast Brer Rabbit and Tony Baxter with, and just wince and scrunch up my face at the live stream drama from the safety of my TV room for as long as I can stand it. 🧐

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom