Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

It's at 200 minutes now according to WDWPassport

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 4.56.58 PM.png

Actually insane it managed to dethrone Rise of the Mid

SuddenStorm

Splash is closing just a few weeks shy of its 34 birthday, just a few weeks shy of Disneyland's 68th birthday.

The ride has been an icon of the park for half of the time Disneyland has existed.

Of the iconic and legendary Disneyland closures- Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, The Peoplemover, The Carousel of Progress, Country Bear Jamboree, The House of the Future, The Indian Village, America Sings, the original Fantasmic, the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship- the only ones with a longevity that surpasses Splash is the Skyway, which ran from 1956 until 1994 and the original Submarine Voyage, which ran from '59 until '98.

Splash Mountain was created by an Imagineering Dream Team- It's hard to top Baxter and Gordon. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has huge shoes to fill, and while I'm vehemently against this change- I hope for the sake of future generations that modern WDI pulls a rabbit out of a hat and somehow pulls this retheme off. Because if they don't, that half of Disneyland will be severely hindered both in appearance, feel, and theme.

TrainsOfDisney

I wasn’t expecting to be this sad - this to me is an entire chapter of Disney parks history closing - and possibly the best chapter.

Splash was possibly the best Disney attraction ever built - it tells a complete story, offers legit thrill, has a good ride time, and is 100% immersive. You never see anything that ruins the illusion.

I’m glad I’m here to say goodbye.

SuddenStorm

The funniest thing about this is that Pooh still has an extremely short line. I swear it never goes above 20-25 mins.

It's funny, the reason for Country Bear Jamboree's closure is often said to be due to low attendance, and a desire to capitalize on Winnie the Pooh's popularity.

I wonder if they'd have been better off leaving it as is, and just selling more Pooh dolls in the gift shop.

But why did Piglet stink? She played with Pooh.

mickEblu

Splash is closing just a few weeks shy of its 34 birthday, just a few weeks shy of Disneyland's 68th birthday.

The ride has been an icon of the park for half of the time Disneyland has existed.

Of the iconic and legendary Disneyland closures- Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, The Peoplemover, The Carousel of Progress, Country Bear Jamboree, The House of the Future, The Indian Village, America Sings, the original Fantasmic, the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship- the only ones with a longevity that surpasses Splash is the Skyway, which ran from 1956 until 1994 and the original Submarine Voyage, which ran from '59 until '98.

Splash Mountain was created by an Imagineering Dream Team- It's hard to top Baxter and Gordon. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has huge shoes to fill, and while I'm vehemently against this change- I hope for the sake of future generations that modern WDI pulls a rabbit out of a hat and somehow pulls this retheme off. Because if they don't, that half of Disneyland will be severely hindered both in appearance, feel, and theme.

Absolutely unprecedented. Any counter argument is silly.

Consumer

Yeah, it's a shame Splash is closing, but honestly I don't care. My last trip to Disneyland was in July and I have no idea when my next trip will be, if ever. If Disneyland was still an affordable place to visit, maybe I would care, but why should I lament the loss of something I was never going to get to experience again anyway?

gerarar

Premium Member
According to some live stream I just tuned into, singer rider line was just recently closed for the day.

Edit found a tweet with more info:

SuddenStorm

According to some live stream I just tuned into, singer rider line was just recently closed for the day.

Edit found a tweet with more info:

Huh. I wonder if it's due to the line blocking the exit? I imagine there's way more single rider then usual today.

Closing the line at 11 instead of just scheduling the CM's to work later seems a bit lame- it's not like Splash needs to be up and running tomorrow. Perhaps they don't want too many people around during third shift.

gerarar

Premium Member
Huh. I wonder if it's due to the line blocking the exit? I imagine there's way more single rider then usual today.

Closing the line at 11 instead of just scheduling the CM's to work later seems a bit lame- it's not like Splash needs to be up and running tomorrow. Perhaps they don't want too many people around during third shift.
Just quoting from different comments and tweets, the single line was around a 1.5-2hr wait before the closure of it.

It was probably blocking some key pathways and maybe an exit like you speculated.

Figments Friend

Glad to see my boy Tony there.
I knew he would be for the final day of operation.
That Attraction was his baby, and a lot of mixed emotions today I am sure.
I’m feeling them now…as I am sure he certainly must be,

Really happy to see the Disneyland crowd send this classic experience off in style.
Really, really sad this Attraction is closing …and being changed.
A mistake, in my opinion….

-

TrainsOfDisney

Closing the line at 11 instead of just scheduling the CM's to work later seems a bit lame-
The park closes at 11 tonight.
Just quoting from different comments and tweets, the single line was around a 1.5-2hr wait before the closure of it.

It was probably blocking some key pathways and maybe an exit like you speculated.
The single rider line was getting pretty chaotic today - probably the right call to make. Lots of ECV’s and guest assistance today too. I doubt I saved much time in the single rider line today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom