Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Boo, we specifically picked Nov 11-13 hoping the parks would be a bit quieter the week before Tiana’s opens, now not only is it going to be busier due to previews but the 12th our reservation is at DCA so we won’t even be able to get a VQ.

Oh well, we’ll still be at Disney, we’ll survive.

Just modify the reservation the night before when some availability pops up. With the “new” modify feature you don’t even have to delete one of your existing reservations to try to and grab the new date or different starting park.

Last edited:

wityblack

I will say I think our mountain and barn came out looking much better than Orlando's. There's still technically time for Disney to screw them up but being this close to opening, I think I'm safe in forming that opinion.

View attachment 820291

Even the water tower looks nice when pictured next to Fowler's Harbor (though the Tiara is still "blegh"). Overall, I am liking the look of the outside so far.

-and while I am still not a fan of the Critter Country name change, mainly because Pooh seemingly makes even less sense there than before, I can appreciate that the Imagineers placed the "Children's Garden" portion of the queue directly across from Pooh's entrance. While not a perfect integration (not sure this was even intentional), with a bit of imagination I can imagine kiddos spending time in a place like that, then running off nearby to play stories like Winnie the Pooh. Sort of like the "many adventures" they go on coming to life around you as you cross that covered bridge and enter Pooh's queue.

A bit of a mental stretch, I know. But that mindset helps me dislike some of the changes they've made less.
With Galaxy's Edge, MMRR, and now this, it really feels like they design this stuff for Disneyland and then shove it into WDW.

jmuboy

I dont think they look bad. They have a more brownish ("rural") take on the NOS look. And much less frontier looking. Which would be the goal and is appropriate. The new looks do not scream "not in theme" to me. I am not sure any of the new styles would even make me take a 2nd look.

There are so many other things the Disney Parks leadership is screwing up on a weekly basis. These costumes are not one of them in my opinion.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm sure this had to have been brought up eons ago, but I don't remember. The water tower lettering is inverted on each coast:

1728759204938.png
1728759220943.png

CaptinEO

Is it just me are all the newer CM costumes around the resort starting to look like they belong in Toontown? I Guess it makes sense. All the parks are slowly becoming castle parks/ variations of Fantasyland.
I was thinking the same thing. Why is everything so bright with wacky colors?

Is this authentic New Orleans in the 20s? Did their research trip show people wore obnoxious highlighter colored clothing?

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Crazy crowds at Disneyland today. Pirates was down until 10am and Indy until 11am, putting a lot of pressure on the neighboring attractions. I bet people in Ops are counting the days until Tiana opens.

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
View attachment 820372

Further poof imagineering doesn't know what they're doing anymore. Giving the CM a chef's apron while people walk through the salt dome via the co-op mural and kitchen to board logs to find animal musicians in the bayou will complete the immersive experience for sure.
"Hush. Tiana. That's all you need to know" - Disney's design strategy for Bayou

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

View attachment 820372

Further poof imagineering doesn't know what they're doing anymore. Giving the CM a chef's apron while people walk through the salt dome via the co-op mural and kitchen to board logs to find animal musicians in the bayou will complete the immersive experience for sure.

Maybe the apron-wearing CMs will be stationed near the kitchen part of the queue? Idk, trying to give the benefit of the doubt (2024 WDI makes it hard).

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Not sure what impact the mural will have, but otherwise the exterior looks really nice. Looks like it’s always been there. I’ve even gotten used to the asymmetry at the top of the mountain.

Bayou/Critter Country overall remains one of the most charming areas of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom