Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Brer Oswald

Wow and they still didn’t make any changes after the awful reception to MK’s POV?
They made changes on the technical side so that the ride will (hopefully) run smoother than the Florida version. As far as the story, music, and animatronics go, don’t expect anything different. Staging inherently has to be different because the show buildings have different layouts.

mickEblu

They made changes on the technical side so that the ride will (hopefully) run smoother than the Florida version. As far as the story, music, and animatronics go, don’t expect anything different. Staging inherently has to be different because the show buildings have different layouts.

Not shocked but still disappointing. Are they still going with the motion activated sensors or did they put the AA's on a loop where possible?

SuddenStorm

Not shocked but still disappointing. Are they still going with the motion activated sensors or did they put the AA's on a loop where possible?

Putting them on a loop would be incredible and would enhance the attraction significantly- the only problem is that'd require a script rewrite, getting the voice actors back, and reprogramming them.

FAR to much work for Modern WDI.

mickEblu

Oh wow just realized I actually will get to check out the ride during Keyholder previews. Just goes to show how much I’m not anticipating this ride. I didn’t even realize earlier that the previews went all the way into November. Didn’t give that list of dates more than a passing glance. We actually have a reservation on Sunday November 3rd so we’ll try to get a VQ for that day. Sounds better than trying with the masses on the first day of the Christmas season - 11/15 which is our other reservation for November.

SuddenStorm

Oh wow just realized I actually will get to check out the ride during Keyholder previews. Just goes to show how much I’m not anticipating this ride. I didn’t even realize earlier that the previews went all the way into November. Didn’t give that list of dates more than a passing glance. We actually have a reservation on Sunday November 3rd so we’ll try to get a VQ for that day. Sounds better than trying with the masses on the first day of the Christmas season - 11/15 which is our other reservation for November.

I hope you get it! It'll be great if we can both give firsthand critique on this ride before it's grand opening.

SuddenStorm

I have a feeling we re both going to step off that ride with raving reviews! Lol. I might just abandon my family and run to nearest bench to log on here and eat crow.

The only think I have going for it is that I've never seen the film in its entirety, so I don't have any attachment to the characters.

Just like how I hadn't seen Song of the South before riding Splash Mountain.

I'll be able to judge it for what it is, not what I'd expect it to be from the movie.

Mr. Sullivan

BTW, still waiting for everybody who criticized you for being absolutely accurate over past two years to apologize to you.

Will be a long wait.
Why would people who are satisfied with the final product apologize? Like I really don't get why you think your opinion is the objectively correct one when no one's is. Everyone's gonna feel differently about different things. One person may feel something is wonderful, another may feel it's a disaster. Why should one apologize to the other?

Jedi14

Why would people who are satisfied with the final product apologize? Like I really don't get why you think your opinion is the objectively correct one when no one's is. Everyone's gonna feel differently about different things. One person may feel something is wonderful, another may feel it's a disaster. Why should one apologize to the other?
Some people on this forum seem to have the idea that those who say they like the ride are lying and refusing to admit it, and that they were “right”. I’m personally looking forward to the Magic key previews as I missed the passholder previews at Magic Kingdom by a week.

Phroobar

We are coming up on that phase where everyone finally gets to ride it and posts rave reviews. Even the ones that said the ride is dead to them will somehow ride it and enjoy it. After the honeymoon period wears off, we'll be wishing for Splash Mountain again.

CaptinEO

This post made me check the reservation calendar and low and behold Sunday Nov 3 had availability for Disneyland. Thank you for getting me to look! I have had trouble even getting fridays, can't believe I got the rare Sunday for Enchant keyholders.

CaptinEO

Disneyland has shared Tiana's Bayou Adventure preview information for Magic Key holders in the Disneyland app:

View attachment 820102

View attachment 820103

Details for a complimentary poster:

View attachment 820101
When was the last time AP Holders were able to preview new attractions? I can't remember any since I got my first AP in 2015. But I know it was something they used to do.

I remember for Pixar Pier and Guardians of the Galaxy they were selling 300 dollar tickets to go on these a few days before grand opening. Those paid previews may be a remnant of the Chapek era.

mickEblu

We are coming up on that phase where everyone finally gets to ride it and posts rave reviews. Even the ones that said the ride is dead to them will somehow ride it and enjoy it. After the honeymoon period wears off, we'll be wishing for Splash Mountain again.

Lol that’s probably how it usually goes but this one already opened in WDW back in June and not one rave review to be found.

DavidDL

I will say I think our mountain and barn came out looking much better than Orlando's. There's still technically time for Disney to screw them up but being this close to opening, I think I'm safe in forming that opinion.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 142927.png

Even the water tower looks nice when pictured next to Fowler's Harbor (though the Tiara is still "blegh"). Overall, I am liking the look of the outside so far.

-and while I am still not a fan of the Critter Country name change, mainly because Pooh seemingly makes even less sense there than before, I can appreciate that the Imagineers placed the "Children's Garden" portion of the queue directly across from Pooh's entrance. While not a perfect integration (not sure this was even intentional), with a bit of imagination I can imagine kiddos spending time in a place like that, then running off nearby to play stories like Winnie the Pooh. Sort of like the "many adventures" they go on coming to life around you as you cross that covered bridge and enter Pooh's queue.

A bit of a mental stretch, I know. But that mindset helps me dislike some of the changes they've made less.

JSouth25

I will say I think our mountain and barn came out looking much better than Orlando's. There's still technically time for Disney to screw them up but being this close to opening, I think I'm safe in forming that opinion.

View attachment 820291

Even the water tower looks nice when pictured next to Fowler's Harbor (though the Tiara is still "blegh"). Overall, I am liking the look of the outside so far.

-and while I am still not a fan of the Critter Country name change, mainly because Pooh seemingly makes even less sense there than before, I can appreciate that the Imagineers placed the "Children's Garden" portion of the queue directly across from Pooh's entrance. While not a perfect integration (not sure this was even intentional), with a bit of imagination I can imagine kiddos spending time in a place like that, then running off nearby to play stories like Winnie the Pooh. Sort of like the "many adventures" they go on coming to life around you as you cross that covered bridge and enter Pooh's queue.

A bit of a mental stretch, I know. But that mindset helps me dislike some of the changes they've made less.
I agree. A lot of the “Splash” look of the mountain remains. I wish we had the tree stump still, I feel like that was an iconic part of the mountain no matter what ride’s there, but I’m otherwise pretty ok with how it looks.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Disneyland has shared Tiana's Bayou Adventure preview information for Magic Key holders in the Disneyland app:

View attachment 820102

View attachment 820103

Details for a complimentary poster:

View attachment 820101
Boo, we specifically picked Nov 11-13 hoping the parks would be a bit quieter the week before Tiana’s opens, now not only is it going to be busier due to previews but the 12th our reservation is at DCA so we won’t even be able to get a VQ.

Oh well, we’ll still be at Disney, we’ll survive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom